Reuse, recycle, reduce. It’s a Vermont mantra and we actively try to minimize our carbon footprint in this world. Also, we’re money-savvy, so we love to score a good deal. With all this in mind, it’s really no surprise that there are many thrift stores throughout Vermont that allow us to get what we need, at a great price and all the while minimizing waste. There are many thrift stores in VT, so be sure to leave your favorite in the comments to spread the word!
1. Sally's Second Act Thrift Shop - 970 US-2, Middlesex
Sally's has a little bit of everything including glassware, antiques, music, art, housewares, essential oils, lightly used clothing and more.
2. Karen's Kloset - 34 Park Street, Essex Junction
Trendy and timeless, head to Karen's Kloset for every size and style of clothing. If you are looking for a hard to find size, you'll likely find it here.
3. Replays - 150 Dorset Street, South Burlington
You'll find quality items here and the proceeds all benefit the UVM Medical Center Patient Programs. Good deals, great cause!
4. Chester Andover Family Center - 656 Depot Street, Chester
Here you'll find clothes for the entire family including shoes and accessories as well as household items, books, videos, puzzles, games, and much, much more. Shop for a great cause since the proceeds work toward providing supplemental, nutritious food and emergency financial assistance to residents of Chester and Andover.
5. Junebug Mother and Child - 5 Park Street, Middlebury
From maternity wear to children's clothing, this place has everything for the expecting to the school-age child.
6. Open Door Mission Thrift Store - 31 Park Street, Rutland
Here you'll find a wide variety of household needs such as silverware, plates, coffee cups, small kitchen appliances, furniture, as well as clothing for everyone in the family.
7. Women and Children First - 114 N. Main Street, Suite 2, Barre
You never know what quality clothing you'll find here, but it will be available at an affordable price.
8. Experienced Goods Thrift Shop - 77 Flat Street, Brattleboro
You won't believe the brand-name clothing at unbelievably low prices here. Treasures and surprises abound at rock bottom prices.
9. Neat Repeats - 3 Bakery Lane, Middlebury
This consignment shop in Middlebury may be a little hard to find, but it's well worth the hunt. Most of what you'll find here is clothing, but there are always a few household items to be find, too.
10. Your Turn Resale Shoppe - 151 Main Street, Vergennes
Household items, check. Jewelry, check. Games, check. Books, check. Small furniture, check. Dutch food... Check?!?! Talk about having it all!