Texas July 10, 2016
12 Once-In-A-Lifetime Adventures You Can Only Have In Texas
Articles like these make me feel even more blessed to live in Texas than I already do. There are so many unique things to see and do that really make us stand out from every other state. This list is just the tip of the iceberg, but I tried to include a variety of different activities to showcase the diversity of our state. That being said, here are 12 awesome adventures you can’t have anywhere else but the Lone Star State:
1. Watching cowboys wrangle and wrestle at the biggest rodeo in the world. (Houston)
2. Witnessing the adorable hatching of one of the rarest species of sea turtle. (Padre Island)
3. Going on an African safari...right here in Texas! (San Antonio)
Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch gives visitors the unique opportunity of getting up-close-and-personal with rare African animals right on our own turf. You even get to feed them out of your hand!
5. Exploring one of the most breathtaking, mineral-rich caves in the entire world. (Sonora)
5. Touring Space Center Houston. (Houston)
6. Attending a "Star Party" at McDonald Observatory (Fort Davis)
Every Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, astronomy enthusiasts gather for a night of gazing through telescopes at the clear West Texas night sky; no city lights around to obstruct the view. How stellar does that sound?
7. Taking a stroll down the famous River Walk and allowing the authentic, lively Mexican culture to permeate every pore in your body. (San Antonio)
8. Watching in awe as millions of Mexican free-tailed bats emerge from beneath the Congress Avenue bridge and cover the horizon in a sea of black. (Austin)
9. Hiking the second largest canyon in the United States. (Canyon)
It's especially exciting in the summertime because you can see the famous musical, "TEXAS!" I guarantee you this is the most beautiful stage you'll ever come across.
10. Stopping and smelling the roses (literally) at the largest rose garden in the entire country. (Tyler)
11. Touring the Texas Prison Museum and getting a glimpse into the daily lives of the most heinous members of society. (Huntsville)
12. And, of course, eating a big ol' plate of finger lickin' Texas barbecue. (Driftwood)
If there's one thing you can't find anywhere else but Texas, it's a meal like this - one that will send your taste buds on the adventure of a lifetime!
Have you ever done any of these things? What are some other awesome activities that are unique to Texas?
Ready for some more adventure? Why not take this
Ghost Towns Road Trip through Texas?