It’s no secret that Austinites love their city. From the live music to the street art, Austin sparkles with its unique blend of culture and personality. Whether you reside on the hipster east side or on the musical south side, you never hesitate to proclaim your love for this amazing city. Austin residents are a proud bunch, and here are 15 reasons why we love to call this place home.
1. Breakfast tacos are king.
Forget breakfast burritos. Austinities know that tacos are the best way to start your morning.
2. Street art brightens up your morning commute.
The traffic might be heavy, but the scenery sure is beautiful.
3. Creativity is on every corner.
Music is always in the air.
4. We care about our furry friends.
Austin is the largest no-kill city.
5. The five-star food trailers.
It's cheaper and more delicious than a fancy restaurant.
6. Easy bar-hopping.
Whether you're partying on Sixth Street or hanging out on Rainey, it's easy to get from place to place.
7. You never know what kind of colorful characters you'll run into.
We know how to keep it weird.
8. Tradition runs deep.
Two-stepping and ten gallon hats are everywhere at the Broken Spoke.
9. This city has the best places to cool off.
Barton Spring's 68-degree waters sure do feel good on a hot summer day.
10. The local craft beers are bubbly, hoppy goodenss
The Austin Beerworks brewery is an amazing hangout spot.
11. We make the best barbecue in the world.
Did somebody say brisket?
12. But we also like to stay fit.
Yoga, crossfit, and cycling burn off the calories from the scrumptious barbecue we're eating.
13. Austinites are full of laughter.
The comedy clubs will keep you giggling for hours.
14. There's a festival nearly every weekend.
There's always an answer to "What should we do this weekend?"
15. We welcome you with open arms.
An average of 110 people move here a day, and the family keeps growing larger.