Tennessee is a pretty awesome state in itself, but we aren’t too proud to say we could use a couple of upgrades. Take a look at what we thought would blast the state through from awesome to pretty fan-freakin-tastic. What do you think?
15) A beach. A beach would be nice.
14) Main roads that don't feel like backroads.
We love them both for their purposes - they don't need to be the same.
13) Bugs that aren't the size of Chattanooga.
One word: TERRIFYING.
12) A statewide holiday for CMA Fest - OH the tourists!
It's a festival that never ends. Ever.
11) Some more country in our cities
Out-of-state folks are trying to make some changes, but Tennesseans stand strong.
9) We'd like people to stop moving here - we're full.
Did you know that on average 4,000 new people move to Nashville every month?
10) And while you're at it? Stop raging about Nashville! Have you been to Knoxville, Chattanooga? C'mon now.
8) A dehumidifier - for the whole state.
7) An Ikea closer to EVERYONE than Memphis.
Really, Ikea? You chose MEMPHIS?!
6) In-N-Out, because all states should have it. Just sayin'
5) Zero-calorie mac 'n cheese
And zero calorie butter, fried chicken, and banana cream pie while you're at it.
4) Better chain stores - we just BARELY got H&M and Madewell. Time for an upgrade!
3) Snowplows for the two days a year it snows and shuts down the entire state. Thanks.
2) More tourists! Just kidding no. We don't mean that.
1) A new reputation: Tennessee is one of the most dynamic, solidly traditional and successful states out there. We don't just have potential: we ARE potential.
What do you think your favorite state needs? Or do you find it perfect just the way it is? Let us know in the comments below!