16 Ways To Have The Best Tennessee Memorial Day EVER
Memorial Day is one of the most honorable and patriotic holidays we have on the books, tipping our hat to those who died for the well-being of our country. A sobering reality gives way to a celebration of life, the country toasting the great sacrifice given by so many. If you have a three day weekend, like so many do, then you may be looking for a spot that will give your Memorial Day the memorable oomph that it needs. Lucky for you? We’ve found a couple Tennessee stops along the way that juuuust might catch your attention. Take a look!
16) Family Fest in the Smokies – May 27-May 30: If you’re looking for a gorgeous setting with stunning evening concerts PLUS morning worship services, then you don’t want to be anywhere but Gatlinburg. Some of gospel music’s biggest celebrities are going to show up, and the tickets range anywhere from $35 to $125.
15) Gatlinburg Farmers Market: Check this awesome spot on Saturday for fresh produce and local products that will make your taste buds buzz.
14) Take a hike!: Check out trails like Sugarland Mountain Trail or Trillium Gap for a fun romp in the Smokies with the ones you love.
13) Get a room: If you’re not into the whole “natural” kind of thing, hit the Westgate Smoky Mountain resort and indulge in their indoor waterpark. How cool is that?!?
12) Nightfall Concert Series – Friday Nights: With more than 2500 people sprawled out on the grass, you’ll have the chance to mingle with the locals and hang out with some awesome food under the stars. Plus, free music? Sign us up!
11) Chattanooga Market – Saturdays: It’s almost been fifteen years since this fantastic open air market crashed onto the scene. Each weekend is themed and offers live music.
10) Summer Music Weekends: This neat event opens on Memorial Day weekend and runs through Labor Day. Cafe 7 has great food available, and the Old Time Travelers play some FAN-tastic tunes up in the Rock City Gardens.
9) Chattanooga Tattoo Convention: For you edgy folk out there, we have a great spot for you! Danny Fugate from Ambition Tattoo will be at the convention, for the third time held right here in Chattanooga.
8) Musicians Corner – 130-5pm: Free music and beer for a few bucks down at Centennial Park should be more than enough to get you down where you’re supposed to be.
7) Nashville Shores: Kicking off this week, you can watch fireworks explode over the lovely Percy Priest lake on Monday night.
6) Nashville Flea Market: You do NOT want to miss this fun spot! Wander the market on the old fairground and laugh with friends as you pick out some perfect vintage souvenirs for back home.
5) Memorial Day Dash: Are you more into the idea of taking a run? Then run a 5k for the benefit of the Nashville City Cemetery.
4) Check the animals: We know you can do this any weekend, but think about how fun it would be to just mosey around and not worry about time? Spend a lazy Saturday morning at the zoo, learning about all the neat animals and sharing an ice cream cone with your favorite little one.
3) Beale Street: This famed spot is for sure going to be hoppin’ with great music and even better eats when all of Memphis comes out to play. You think you’ll join ’em?
2) Twilight Sky Terrace: The dining and rooftop bar at this classy joint will have you ringing int he summer with style.
1) Peabody Memphis Rooftop Parties: Get up on the roof at one of the top ten rooftop bars in the nation, and you can hang with a bunch of other neat locals for an entrance fee and a body that’s more than ready to get movin’!
Well, whaddya think? You going to hit up any of these spots? We have some more ideas coming for you this week, so stay tuned!