Here’s the thing: We are completely, irrevocably, wildly in love with Tennessee. Not only that, but we’ve gathered 15 reasons – paltry, compared to our love – why we’ve fostered such a deep adoration of this strip of land. We’re sure you’ll fall in love with it, too – with our mountains and valleys and fields of cotton. We love the ol’ Volunteer State like no other!
15. We know how to to BBQ RIGHT.
Whether you're in Memphis (BEST. EVER.), making your way through Music City or located in East Tennessee, you know how great we are at this.
14. And hot chicken.
Plus, we started a national hot chicken phenomenon, beginning right in the heart of our own Music City.
13. Don't forget the biscuits!
Yep. We do it well. From Loveless to your grandma's kitchen.
12. We have Bonnaroo in Manchester.
It gives Coachella a run for its money every single year, and we're proud of it!
11. Our four seasons are incredible.
10. We give the world whiskey hope.
In Jack Daniel's, the bestselling American whiskey in the world.
9. Bluebird Café has launched many a career.
Quite a few greats began here, strumming a guitar as a budding country music aficionado.
8. Thank US for Little Debbie's.
Oh yeah. Those cosmic brownie childhood memories of yours? Wouldn't exist without us.
7. Chattanooga has some of the prettiest bridges in the state.
And the pedestrian bridge is consistently noted across news sites for its beauty and length.
6. We're a neighborly state - tied with Missouri.
Tied with Missouri for most neighborly state, as a matter of fact.
5. Moonpies and RC Cola get their own FESTIVAL here.
You need to check out Bell Buckle during the festival - seriously. It's killer.
4. We're a great state for the young and old alike.
We have opportunity for everyone, from college grads to young families and those of you wonderful older folks who are looking for a bit of peace and quiet.
3. We boast Music City.
Nashville has made quite a bit of news recently, and we're glad it's completely ours.
2. Grand Ole Opry, anyone?
Cash, Cline and Haggard - what a legacy.
1. We have the Great Smoky Mountains.