We’re obviously huge fans of our state, but we have a couple of reasons everyone else should, too. Sometimes Tennessee gets sloughed to the side – since California and New York seem to be the bullies on the block – but our southern charm is enough to bring the goods when it comes right down to it.
12) Our historical ties are a beautiful thing.
We have numerous Civil War ties, our title as the Volunteer State came from the War of 1812, and you just WAIT to hear about little Oak Ridge. It's a beautiful thing, to have made such a difference.
11) You know what would make this view even better? Jack Daniels.
The distillery is in Lynchburg and it's a real draw, both for tourists and locals alike.
10) There are scads of wedding venues where you can say those ever-beautiful vows.
Our wedding venue game is on point - you could even get married in this random field and it would be gorgeous.
9) Our music history is the best around.
From Elvis to Dolly to all the dreamers and wannabes that walk our Nashville streets, we have a story of everyone.
8) There's no shortage of seasons in Tennessee.
We've got all four of them, all the way around. Autumn is our favorite, for obvious reasons.
7) The job market is growing exponentially, making places like Memphis hubs for millennials.
Nashville is still top, cracking the top ten in Trip Advisor - but Memphis has some solid internship opportunities that give newbies a solid step up in their job search.
6) Tennessee folk are good, solid people.
From church to the supermarket, the people of Tennessee are some of the kindest you'll ever meet.
5) We have a neat - if eerie - tie to the end of WWII.
Oak Ridge, TN was known as "The Secret City" during WWII. It is credited with the research necessary to create the atomic bomb, that ended the war.
4) Our river cities - of which there are MANY - will make you dream of houses on the water.
Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis. Every one of our major cities has a major waterway, as well as a bunch of our sweet, tiny towns.
3) We have some of the prettiest landscapes and most beautiful hiking trails around.
You can't beat our forests, and our lakes and streams will give you some of the most beautiful views of your life. Get on it, and get over to Tennessee!
2) The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited in the nation.
There's a reason for it. Look at that picture. JUST LOOK AT IT.
1) We may be known for our country, but it's our cities that are making headlines.
Nashville is winning top spot, and Knoxville (pictured) is a top college destination.