When thinking about jaw dropping places in Rhode Island, typical first thoughts tend to include Beavertail State Park in Jamestown, or dozens of gorgeous places in south county. Neutaconkanut Park in Providence should also be on this list, and there are many brilliant reasons why!
1. The park is situated on a site rich in Rhode Island history.
The Great Hill of Neutaconkanut, which is found leading up to the hiking trails, was the former land border between the Narragansett Sachems and Rhode Island's very own founder known as Roger Williams.
2. Not only does the park offer fields and a skate park at the base of the hill, it's also beautiful!
From sports to skateboarding, this park is a perfect place for all sorts of organized recreational activities.
3. The short walk up the hill is beautiful in the fall foliage and lush with greenery in the summertime.
The hill is also quite possibly the best place for sledding in the wintertime.
4. Once you've made it to the top of the hill, the view of Providence is breathtakingly beautiful.
No other view of Rhody's capitol city compares.
5. Amazing hiking trails are scattered throughout the area.
Explore wild blueberry patches, old foundations, and so much more on the several unique trails.
6. While some of the paths are great for all ages, there are others that are designed for the avid hiker.
It's easy to forget you're still in such an urban area once you're surrounded by such beautiful forest.
7. Amazing photo opportunities and unique scenery can be discovered all over this amazing park.
Wonderful wildlife, gorgeous old trees. and more make this a beautiful place to visit.