As Nevadans, there are certain things we believe to be true. Out-of-towners may not fully understand why we believe what we do, but that’s just how it is. Listed below are 15 things that most people from Nevada believe to be true.
1. Enough with Vegas already!
There's more to Nevada than Vegas and the sooner out-of-towners understand this, the better!
2. We do get snow and we LOVE it!
Nevada may be the driest U.S. state, but we do get snow. After all, "Nevada" does mean "snow-covered."
3. What's all this talk about GOLD?
Nevada might be nicknamed "Silver State," but it's the largest gold-producing state in the U.S. Pretty ironic, huh?
4. We aren't afraid of ghosts!
Nevada is one of the most haunted states in the country. If we're going to live here, we can't be afraid of ghosts.
5. UFOs and aliens are out there!
Or are they???
6. Food! Food! LOTS OF FOOD!
We obviously LOVE to eat!
7. There's only ONE WAY to pronounce Nevada.
8. We LOVE our wild horses and burros!
Nevada is home to over half of the nation's wild horses and burros.
9. We have the BEST hot springs!
And yes, some are even clothing-optional.
10. Burning Man is AWESOME!
11. We LOVE the outdoors!
Nothing beats a fun weekend of camping in the Nevada desert. NOTHING!!!
12. Nevada can be quite offensive, especially Las Vegas.
If you're easily offended by drinking, gambling and provocative billboards, you'll definitely want to stay off the Las Vegas Strip.
13. Not everyone from Nevada gambles.
Those of us who do, we all secretly dream of hitting the JACKPOT. Come on! You know it's TRUE!
14. So, you're from Vegas?
Just because we're from Nevada, it doesn't necessarily mean we're from Vegas. As we concluded earlier, there's much more to Nevada than Vegas.
13. Nevada is the BEST state EVER!!!
Was there any doubt?
What other things only those from Nevada believe to be true? Share in the comments below!