Minnesota August 19, 2015
20 Awesome Things You Can Do In Minnesota When It’s Raining
When the clouds roll in and the downpour starts, try one of these fun activities rather than staying in the house. They’re all guaranteed to provide some fun for the whole family, and keep you dry!
1. Play at an indoor park. MN is made for bad weather, so try an indoor park like Edinborough.
2. See a movie. It's not too original, but it's a rainy day favorite for many!
3. Play Laser Tag. Try this for some friendly competition! There are a variety of places across the state!
4. Go bowling. Minnesota is chock-full of bowling alleys! A lot even have awesome food and other activities!
5. Go to the aquarium! Enjoy the beauty of water without being hit by falling drops!
6. Visit a local bakery... just try not to eat ALL these donuts!
7. Or just hang at coffee house. Sip something warm while you watch the storm unfold.
8. If coffee and donuts aren't your thing, head to a brewery instead! Why not take the chance to enjoy one of Minnesota's craft brews?
9. Try indoor trampolines! There are multiple places in MN and they are a great way to tire out the kids on a rainy day!
10. Head to one of MN's many museums! For a map of museums near you go to http://museumsofmn.com.
11. Have fun at the waterpark! Most of MN's waterparks are inside for cold-weather fun!
12. Visit a conservatory. The Walker Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis and the McNealy Conservatory in Como Park are great ways to take in nature without getting rained on!
13. Head to the Casino! We have a lot of them in MN and a rainy day is the perfect excuse to seek refuge as well as some luck!
14. Visit one of Minnesota's historic mansions like the James J. Hill House or Glensheen.
15. Go to the theater. Minnesota has a great theater community and it's always a great way to avoid a storm!
16. Shopping! Minnesota invented the indoor mall so you may as well take advantage of it! Or just mini-golf or try the rides at MOA!
17. Climb at an indoor climbing wall like the one at REI in Bloomington!
18. Play Whirlyball! This fantastic sport is a must-try in Maple Grove. It's amazingly innovative and can get pretty intense!
19. Visit the Midtown Global Market in Minneapolis. Shop, eat, and enjoy being surrounded by the various cultures.
20. Enjoy the beautiful Minnesota outdoors, but with an umbrella. Because if it's raining, it's probably summer and you won't be cold even if you catch a few drops!
So you see, nothing can rain on Minnesota’s parade, because we would just have it in the skyways!