Idaho June 04, 2016
These 14 Photographs Of Idaho At Night Are Absolutely Surreal (Part II)
As any pro will tell you, nighttime photography can be a challenge. But with the right subject and settings, the results can be phenomenal. Fortunately, Idaho is the perfect subject!
From the mysterious to the scenic, here are 12 photographs taken in the Gem State that prove that’s true. (See our first feature on
nighttime photography in Idaho here.)
1. Titled "Paradox of Black Light," this long-exposure shot of Priest Lake captures the moon reflecting off the water stunningly.
2. This quintessential shot of downtown Boise from the train depot gets a unique touch with long exposure and the glow of city lights.
3. The distant stars.... the lighted abandoned truck... all perfection.
4. Fall Creek Falls gets an eerie and disorienting glow when photographed at night.
5. This perfectly captured lightning bolt.
6. ... or this one.
7. Drag racing down abandoned city streets at night makes for a
Fast and Furious feeling in this photo.
Don't try this at home.
8. This incredibly rare proton arc captured during the Aurora Borealis in Northern Idaho.
You can read the full story
9. An ominous blood moon captured in downtown Boise.
10. A vibrant sunrise meets the the darkened cityscape in this photo.
11. Lake Pend Oreille under a million stars.
12. The highlight of the Sprit of Boise Balloon Classic is the glowing balloons in the park.
Any the Nurse/Flickr
13. No matter the angle.
14. Night fading into dawn over Blue Lake is simply magical.
A huge thank you to the talented photographers who braved cold Idaho nights with patience to capture these stunning images!
Idaho is beautiful from every angle, but after dark, it’s a whole new world to explore. If you have any other
photos to share, we’d love to see them!