Georgia July 03, 2015
These 15 Crazy Laws In Georgia Will Leave You Scratching Your Head In Wonder
We know every state has their own set of crazy laws still in place, so I decided to do some digging and find some of Georgia’s own weird and wacky laws! Check out what I found.
1) It is illegal to keep a donkey in a bathtub.
This one makes me laugh--hee haw!!
2) You cannot live on a boat for more than 30 days during the calendar year, even if just passing through the state
3) No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.
But Monday through Saturday you're totally cool putting an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
4) In Acworth all citizens must own a rake.
5) In Athens-Clarke County, Adult bookstores may not sell alcohol.
6) Also in Athens-Clarke If you want to read your favorite book in public to your friends, do it before 2:45 AM.
7) Athens-Clarke County -- Goldfish may not be given away to entice someone to enter a game of bingo.
8) Owners of mules may not allow their animal to roam around Athens unsupervised.
9) Persons under the age of 16 may not play pinball after 11:00 PM in Athens-Clarke County.
10) It is also illegal to make a disturbing sound at a fair in Athens-Clarke County.
11) If you're going out of business in Athens-Clarke County, you will need a business license to hold a going-out-of-business sign.
12) In Athens-Clarke County it is illegal to sell two beers for the price of one.
13) While Georgia runs its own lottery, it's illegal to promote a private lottery under the guise they are protecting their citizens.
14) If an organization non registered as “non-profit” fails to register their raffle with the local sheriff, that group risks paying up to $10,000 in fines and spending five years in jail.
15) Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.
Hmm...I guess they're speeding to go vote on Georgia laws?
Aren’t these laws wacky? How about any other crazy Georgia laws–do you know of any? To see more crazy laws across the country, visit http://www.dumblaws.com/.