You’ve probably had a few of these thoughts– but don’t worry, you’re not the only one. It happens to all of us, and it doesn’t make you any less of a Floridian (no matter what the outrage in the comments section may say.)
1. "The Sunshine State" is probably the most misleading nickname ever.
We're very proud of our reputation for sunshine, but anyone who has ever really lived here knows it could just as easily be called "The Thunderstorm State."
2. Florida is actually three different states.
North Florida, Central Florida, and South Florida are so different, they may as well be three different states.
3. We don't spend nearly as much time at the beach as people think we do.
Somehow being so close makes it easy to forget how lucky we are.
4. We don't always have a magical time at Disney World.
Remember that one time our out-of-state relatives convinced us to go in July?
5. We actually do own a few pairs of shoes besides flip-flops.
There's always a few Crocs, and whatever you call these ugly things around.
6. We have a weird obsession with ice.
No, it doesn't even have to be flavored. For example, when I was a kid, we were all obsessed with any restaurant that had crushed ice in its fountain drinks. Weird, I know.
7. We're not always as tough as we pretend to be.
Roach on the ground, I've got it covered, no problem. Roach flying at my head, I'm running and screaming like a little girl.
8. That fish that got away wasn't actually the biggest you've ever seen.
But that other time I told you about, that one totally was, though.
9. Sometimes we wish it would snow...just for the holidays...just a little bit.
Not enough to actually make us cold or anything, but enough to have a snowball fight or allow us to build snowman and take a couple pictures. Then it can leave.
10. We know not everything can actually be blamed on snowbirds and tourists.
Just 90%. 😉
What other things do you think Floridians secretly think about, (at least every once in a while)? Please leave your comments below!