Sometimes Florida feels like two or three different states crammed into one. But there are at least a few things that pretty much everyone who grew up here can relate to. Here are some of our favorites:
1. You're not easily impressed by just any beach.
Pshhh. This is like 5/10.
2. Ditto for seafood.
Don't even try to give us that imitation crab crap.
3. You never stress out about a little rain (or thunderstorm, or even most hurricanes).
You can time your watch by it in the summertime.
4. You've seen plenty of blue water (outside of a toilet bowl).
You've gone swimming in some of the most beautiful water in the world.
5. You don't fight over the closest spot in a parking lot, but you'll wait for a shady spot.
Once burned by your seat belt buckle, twice shy.
6. Sweet tea runs through your veins.
That isn't the same as iced tea and sugar packets, by the way.
7. You've been teased for being Southern AND told you weren't Southern enough.
Flip-flops or cowboy boots? Decisions, decisions. And yes, this picture was taken in "winter."
8. You've seen, and eaten, gator at least once in your lifetime.
It might sound cliche, but it really does taste like chicken.
9. You know you could never move to any state that didn't have Publix.
Shopping isn't a pleasure anywhere else.
10. You're comfortable coexisting with an older crowd.
Bingo is actually pretty fun. Try it sometime.
11. "Good hair days" and "bad hair days" are a foreign concept to you.
It's usually somewhere between frizzy and a little less frizzy. Thanks, humidity!
12. Things like bugs and lizards don't faze you.
They're just part of the scenery.
13. You think some pretty weird looking animals are cute.
Like manatees, sea turtles and gators. Seagulls, however, are winged poop factories hellbent on ruining your day (and eating your sandwich).
14. You've never had a Snow Day home from school, but you've had Hurricane Days.
And even hurricane parties. What else is there to do when everything basically shuts down?
Did you grow up in Florida? What did you like/dislike about it? What are a few things you think all Floridians can relate to? Please share your comments with us below!