Colorado August 03, 2016
Every True Coloradan Has Had These 11 Bizarre Experiences At Least Once
If you are a native Colorad(o)an, there are a few things that you have just comes to expect; unbearable traffic along I-25, the nightly news showing strange fights and random crime along the 16th Street Mall, and these 11 other bizarre experiences:
1. Having to go to school during a freskishly bad blizzard...
2. ...but getting out for wind days and highly anticipated high school sporting events.
Where are my other small town Colorado plains kids at?!
3. Having to drive by Blucifer in the dead of night.
During the day he's pretty tame... but at night, his piercing red eyes look directly into your soul.
4. Accidentally stumbling upon a restaurant that DOES NOT smother its food in green chile.
Not only do I not like this, I flat out don't trust it...
5. Smelling the undeniable stench of (legal) weed on both delivery guys and store employees on a regular basis...
6. ...and seeing a cop walk past the smell without thinking twice.
7. Being able to drive through the desert, mountains, and rolling plains all in one day.
...and all in one state!
8. Thinking that climbing the Manitou Incline would be fun.
Great workout? Heck yeah! Fun? Eh.
9. Finally, seeing Casa Bonita...
(And tasting Casa Bonita... blah!)
10. ...the Genoa Tower...
Man, I miss this place... and the room with all the knives on the ceiling.
11. ...and Lee Maxwell Washing Machine Museum for the first time.
There is no other museum "cycle" quite like Mr. Maxwells!
Want to discover even more weird Colorado goodness? Check out these
13 Extremely Weird Things Only People From Colorado Do!