There’s no denying that Alabama is a great place to call home. Unfortunately, not every resident agrees. If you happen to be one of these Alabamians who wished they lived elsewhere, keep in mind that there are many envious people who would take your place in a heartbeat.
Listed below are 12 reasons why these envious people would love to live in Alabama.
1. Alabama is home to the most beautiful lakes, rivers and beaches.
Speaking of beaches, Alabama's beautiful Gulf Coast beaches are some of the finest beaches in the world.
2. Compared to many other states across the U.S., Alabama has a low cost of living.
This is the number one reason why so many retirees choose to move here.
3. Alabama is an outdoorsman's paradise.
Here in Alabama, there are many outdoor activities that can be enjoyed year-round. Whether you enjoy hiking, fishing, camping, caving, hunting, etc., Alabama has you covered!
4. No other food compares to Alabama's homestyle cooking.
And even though most of it is unhealthy, it sure is delicious! That's all that matters, right?
5. Alabamians have an accent like no other.
There's no denying that non-Alabamians fall in love with our accent every time we begin to speak. Oddly enough, some people wish they lived here so they could talk with the exact same accent. Well, it doesn't quite work that way.
6. Talladega SuperSpeedway is located in Alabama.
If you're a NASCAR fan, and a resident of Alabama, then you know how big of a deal it is to have this track here in your home state.
7. Alabama is home to several beautiful gardens.
Strolling the grounds of these gardens make for the perfect afternoon. Pictured is Bellingrath Gardens in Theodore, Alabama.
8. Some of the coolest jobs are right here in Alabama. For example, you can build a rocket and...
Alabama built the first rocket (Saturn V) that launched humans to the moon.
9. ...make the tastiest potato chips ever!
Golden Flake potato chips are produced in Birmingham, Alabama, and they're known as "The South's Original Potato Chip."
10. Alabama's mountains offer the most amazing views.
I believe this photo speaks for itself.
11. Alabama is home to one of the finest collection of golf courses in the country.
If you're an avid golfer, you're probably familiar with the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. This legendary golf trail, which includes 468 championship holes, has transformed Alabama into one of the world's top golf destinations.
12. Alabama's natural scenic beauty will leave you in awe.
In Alabama, we're incredibly lucky to have lots of beautiful scenery surrounding us.