Wyoming October 17, 2016
11 Things You Know Are True If You Went To A Small High School In Wyoming
Growing up in small-town Wyoming is pretty awesome – and if you were lucky enough to attend a small high school you probably remember these 10 things.
1. You always got time off from school in October for the hunt.
You couldn't be expected to confine all your hunting trips to just the weekend!
2. Football rivalries were a big deal.
Somehow, when you were in high school that stuff was all-out war.
3. All the cool kids participated in 4H.
And also just about every other club...because the school was so small that you all had to participate, or the club wouldn't exist!
4. You had to behave yourself at school...
Because your mom/aunt/neighbor worked in the attendance office or the principal's office.
5. Having an older brother could be good...or bad.
The teachers all knew exactly who your brother was, so if he was a good student, the expectations for you were high. If he was the class goof-off, you might have been unfairly judged from the get-go.
6. The guys were constantly working on their old trucks...
...or working part-time jobs to save for new trucks.
7. You knew all your classmates waaay too well.
It's hard to date in high school when you remember which kids peed their pants in preschool, which ones were the biters and who picked their noses.
8. You could tell which kids were posers and which were legit by their boots.
Even when the real farm kids got new boots, they were only shiny for a week or so.
9. The person you went to prom with might be your spouse now.
Because why wouldn't you marry someone from Wyoming? There aren't better folks anywhere...
10. You made friends for life.
Even if you moved out of Wyoming after high school, the friends you made there are friends for life.
11. You made some of the best memories of your life there.
From sports victories, to academic challenges, to teenaged heartbreak...your small high school changed your life.
What are your favorite memories from going to high school in Wyoming? Tag your high school friends!
Feeling nostalgic about your small town? Here are
10 slow-paced towns in Wyoming that still have that small-town feel.