Wisconsin April 23, 2015
20 Ways to Tell Someone is From ‘Scansin (Wisconsin)
Yeah, Mom told you to never judge a book by its cover. But if you see someone doing any of these things, there is a 92% chance they’re from Wisconsin. And if they’re doing all of these things, there’s a 100% chance they’re from Green Bay.
1. They know that Halloween is best experienced in Madison.
2. They're seemingly always drinking Mountain Dew.
3. They ate deer way before it was featured on an episode of "Chopped."
4. They frequently sing the wrong lyrics to popular songs. Like "Teach Me How to Bucky" or "Fly Like a Cheesehead."
5. You can't tell what they're saying when they pronounce this word.
6. Someone in their family is wearing something with Looney Tunes on it.
7. They haven't missed a Wheel of Fortune in the last twenty years.
8. When faced with the choice of a brat or a hot dog, they will pick the brat every single time.
9. They consider cheese curds a food group.
10. They start tailgating at 6 AM. For night games.
Pat & Keri
11. They're wearing shorts in the snow.
Lauren Michell Rabaino
12. They're still rocking that PS2.
13. When you tell your girlfriend to slip into something more comfortable, she emerges in something with this fabric.
14. When you ask them where they live, they hold out their hand and point.
15. Any grandma knows Aaron Rodgers' QBR (annual and career).
16. When they talk about the Packers, they always say "we."
17. They're driving an immaculately kept Pontiac Grand Prix.
18. They learned how to steer a boat at a ridiculously young age.
19. When they say "booyah," they're probably referring to something they ate for supper.
20. All sandwiches first get a layer of butter. EVERY. SINGLE. SANDWICH.
Don’t let any of that scare you away, though. But be prepared–if you initiate a conversation with someone from Wisconsin, there’s a strong chance you’ll end up having a two hour conversation and being invited out to have drinks at a bar.