Milwaukee November 17, 2017
14 Sure-Fire Ways To Make A Milwaukeean Mad
If you’ve ever met a Milwaukeean, you probably know we’re extremely down to earth and don’t get irritated very often. We’re still human though, and there are a few things that really grind our gears. With the pride all Milwaukeeans have for The Good Land, you can be sure that these 14 things will get under our skin.
1. New construction zones. Every... single... day.
We'll never get used to it.
2. Lift the drawbridges during rush hour.
If you're in a hurry, they're sure to go up.
3. Ask if we’re full of biker gangs.
are the city of Harleys, but we're not a biker town. You'll see one every now and then... and offer them a salute! Their bike is way cooler than your Honda.
4. Ask if our diet only consists of cheese.
Pfft, no way! We eat brats too...
5. Keep talking about crime.
We're not a perfect city - no city is - and we're much more than the things that have happened here. If you only focus on the negative, you won't see all the greatness of Brew City.
6. Order a Bud Light at any time.
C'mon... We have PBR... and amazing local microbreweries.
7. Tell us we’re drunks.
do party better than anyone, but that doesn't mean we're not responsible people.
8. Tell us there’s nothing to do here.
Have you ever
been here? Our summers are bustling with festivals and there's an event going on any night of the week!
9. Ask if we’re farmers.
Sure, we live in Wisconsin...in the
10. Tell us the Packers suck.
It's a known fact that the Packers are the best football team in the nation. Stop telling lies.
11. Or even worse, root for the Bears.
The Bears still suck.
12. Say something along the lines of "I’d never move there, it snows 24/7."
We have some tough winters, but the summer months are absolutely gorgeous (and worth the snowy months)!
13. Speaking of snow... if they forget to plow our street, we might lose it.
There's nothing more frustrating than digging yourself out of your neighborhood and being late to work.
14. Tell us how much you hate polka music.
It won't stop us from playing it.
These are just a few ways to get under our skin. How would you make a Milwaukeean mad? Let us know in the comments!