Wisconsin April 26, 2016
Take This Amazing 2-Day Getaway In Wisconsin If You Need A Break From It All
Many times, when you need a break from it all, you head for the fresh air of the country. But one of the most relaxing vacations might be right in the biggest city in Wisconsin: Milwaukee. We are profiling a fantastic 2-day vacation that you need to take.
1. Start by checking into the historic Pfister Hotel.
It is a nod to how things were in the past, but with all the modern amenities you would want.
2. Treat yourself at Capricio Salon and Spa.
Get a nice haircut to commemorate a nice weekend.
3. Get some fuel at Blue's Egg.
Depending on how early a start you get, they have both phenomenal lunch and breakfast fare.
4. ...And wash it down with a nice, crisp beer.
You should definitely go on some brewery tours while in Milwaukee. We recommend the Miller Brewery Tour, where you will get very generous servings of beer at the end of the tour (for free).
5. After you've sobered up a bit, take in some beauty.
Boerner Botanical Gardens has numerous specialty gardens, including a peony garden, rose garden, and daylily path.
6. Have some laughs at ComedySportz.
This place is hilarious, and the humor is fine for both adults and kids. There is also a bar and restaurant.
7. Then get dessert at Leon's.
Leon's has vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan, and a flavor of the day that rotates. You might not have ever had a smoother frozen custard.
8. Wake up and get a great meal at The National.
This breakfast place serves local, sustainable and organic breakfast foods and coffee.
9. Then take in some beautiful art at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
This museum has more than 30,000 pieces of art.
10. Then go through a walk in Havenwoods.
Havenwoods is Milwaukee's only urban state forest, with 237 acres to explore, featuring four ponds and a 120 foot bridge.
11. Then, get a hearty lunch at the Comet Cafe.
Comfort food made from scratch is just what the doctor ordered after a long hike.
12. Then, take in the Brewers at Miller Park.
Maybe even raise the stakes of who is going to win the Sausage Race.
13. Finally, unwind at Organ Piper Pizza.
Make sure to make a request. You won't regret it.
Have you gone to any of these spots?