Wisconsin May 02, 2015
These 14 Unique Day Trips In Wisconsin Are An Absolute Must-Do
In Wisconsin, everything is close enough that you can see lots of amazing things in just a 1-2 hour drive. The abundance of things to do provides day trips for pretty much every weekend. But here are some of our favorites.
1. Bristol Renaissance Faire (Kenosha). Bring the whole family to have some giant turkey legs, watch a mud fight, and throw some axes.
2. Seven Mile Fair (Caledonia). It is the largest flea market in all of Wisconsin and offers fair-goers a day full of fun.
3. Lambeau Field (Green Bay). Whether you're catching a game or just coming to see the stadium, this is a great trip for the whole family.
4. Wisconsin Dells. There is so much here to explore that it might take you over a day. You can explore water parks or the natural beauty in the actual dells.
5. The Farm (Sturgeon Bay). Come explore how a farm works, hold a bunch of baby animals (like kittens!), and walk around the beautiful property.
6. Milwaukee County Zoo. Did you know that you can come feed giraffes? You can also pose for a picture just inches away from a sea lion. So much to see and do.
7. Lake Geneva. This is a great place to spend the whole day. You can walk on the beach or swim, take a boat out, and explore the numerous shops.
8. Madison State Capitol. Come take a tour of the beautiful capitol building.
9. Beer tours (Milwaukee). You can hit several beer tours in a day.
Brewery tour, Sprecher Brewing Company, Milwaukee, WI
10. Blackwolf Run (Kohler). This a great place to play a round of golf.
11. Baraboo. Explore Circus World, a great museum about the history of the circus. Located nearby (technically in North Freedom), visit the Mid-Continent Railway Museum.
12. Jelly Belly Tour (Kenosha). Come to Kenosha and spend an afternoon with the family learning about how these delicious treats are made. Fill up at a the snack bar afterwards.
13. Kettle Moraine State Forest (southeastern Wisconsin). You can spend a whole day out here. Pack a picnic lunch for eating after going on a long hike.
14. Chippewa Falls. You can tour the Leinenkugel Brewing Company, go to Beaver Creek Reserve or just explore the natural beauty of the rivers and grounds on your own.
Whew! And these are just a few. Be sure to catch future posts about more fantastic day trips you can take in Wisconsin.