The Breathtaking Mansion In Wisconsin You Must Visit This Year
Just a short distance from the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, there’s an estate that’s simply incredible. The Paine Mansion in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, is a unique place – it’s a house that never became a home, and it displays beautiful art in a building and grounds that’s a masterpiece in its own right. Even if you’re not into fine art, it’s worth paying a visit to Paine Art Center and Gardens. It’s one of the most beautiful mansions in Wisconsin and we know you’re going to love it!
The Paine Mansion in Oshkosh offers tours of the property, and it frequently holds special events. Learn more on the Paine Art Center and Gardens website as well as the Paine Art Center and Gardens Facebook page.
Have you ever been to this beautiful historic mansion in Oshkosh? If so, what was your favorite part? Do you know of any other historic mansions in Wisconsin? We’d love to read about your experiences in the comments section below!
Once you’ve taken in the Paine, there’s another historic building in Oshkosh worth exploring – this one is truly creepy.
If you’re interested in making a weekend trip to nearby Fond du Lac, be sure to consider the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fond du Lac.
If you’re still in the mood for more Badger State adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More Wisconsin Adventures
Where can we go for a weekend getaway in Wisconsin?
- Stoughton is brimming with its original Norwegian roots which you can experience in the community's restaurants, museum, galleries, and shops.
- Sparta is known as the "Bicycling Capital of America," features several nationally known bike trails, and has one that was the first rails-to-trails bicycle route in the country.
- Ripon was once named one of the "Coolest Small Towns in America" and is chock full of history.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other charming places to go for a weekend getaway in Wisconsin.
Where can we find wineries in Wisconsin?
- The Clover Meadow Winery in Shell Lake is set amidst one of the state's oldest forests.
- Dixon’s Autumn Harvest Winery and Orchard in Chippewa Falls sits right in the middle of a beautiful apple orchard.
- Cold Country Vines and Wines in Kewaunee features spectacular wines in a beautiful setting plus live music events.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other amazing wineries in Wisconsin.
Where can we find the best restaurants in Wisconsin?
- The Robin's Nest Café in Hayward is known for their amazing breakfast fare.
- The Immigrant in Kohler has been rated as a AAA Four Diamond Award winning fine dining restaurant.
- Café Hollander Hilldale in Madison serves delicious European-style food in a unique setting.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other delicious restaurants in Wisconsin.