Wisconsin Attractions May 03, 2015
Here Are 15 Awesome Things To Do In Wisconsin… Without Opening Your Wallet
Want to explore Wisconsin but are on a budget? Don’t worry–Wisconsin is one of the best states to explore if your wallet is feeling a little light. Lots of museums, scenic views, and beer (definitely beer) are free to all. Below are 15 awesome things to do in Wisconsin that don’t are totally free!
1. Miller Brewery Tour (Milwaukee). My personal favorite beer tour. You get three large glasses of beer (and pretzels!). You can also tour the original caves where beer used to be stored.
2. Tubing (anywhere). Grab an inexpensive tube and call up your buddy to bring out his boat. Hours of free enjoyment for the whole family.
3. Pettibone Beach (LaCrosse). Scenic beach and great setting for a day in the water.
4. Aquanut Water Shows (Kenosha). Come see some cool tricks on the water. There are free water shows every Wednesday and Saturday.
5. Jelly Belly Factory Tour (Pleasant Prairie). See how the best jelly beans are made. Take the free Jelly Belly express train.
6. National Mustard Museum (Middleton). Admission to this fun little museum is absolutely free. Although, it will whet your appetite for the mustard-drenched snacks at the end of the tour.
7. Milwaukee Public Market. This large market has a variety of food offerings from across the globe. The smells are free, but chances are you'll want to grab some delicious lunch.
8. Wisconsin Veterans Museum (Madison). This is a great way to see what our family members and ancestors have sacrificed to keep us free. Exhibits rotate so you can see new things every time you visit.
9. Devil's Lake State Park (Baraboo). This park provides some of the best scenes in all of Wisconsin. Plan for a day of hiking and don't forget to bring your camera!
10. Olbrich Botanical Gardens (Madison). Explore sixteen beautiful acres of the gardens.
11. University of Wisconsin Geology Museum (Madison). This one is great for young kids and grownups alike. Explores rocks, minerals, meteorites--and, yes, dinosaurs!
12. Leinenkugel Brewery Tour (Chippewa Falls). Leinenkugel is synonymous with Wisconsin. This beer tour is particularly great because of it being situated in scenic Chippewa Falls. Free beer is provided at the end of the tour.
13. Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum (Wausau). Come see some stunning art. The museum is best known for its "Birds in Art" exhibition, in which there are contemporary depictions of birds.
14. Iron River National Fish Hatchery (Iron River). Come get a behind the scenes look at how America's fisheries are preserved. There is also three miles of gorgeous trail to walk while you're here.
15. Riverwalk (Milwaukee). From here, you can see some of the best views of the city. It's particularly nice during a summer evening, where you might stumble upon some musicians.
There is always something fun and free to do in Wisconsin. And the memories from all this–priceless.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.