West Virginia’s Cacapon Mountain Is One Of The Best Hiking Summits for Viewing Multiple States
Some of the most amazing views in the world can be found on West Virginia’s Cacapon Mountain, according to National Geographic, and we know it’s true. Here’s the rundown on three ways to access Cacapon Mountain’s amazing views, which reach all the way to Pennsylvania on a clear day. Capacon Mountain Overlook in West Virginia is one of the most beautiful places in the state. It also has some of the best hiking trails in West Virginia.
Capacon Mountain Overlook in West Virginia has long been known as one of the most beautiful places in the state. George Washington was a frequent visitor to Prospect Rock as well, purportedly to indulge his interest in the prospect of westward expansion.
Have you taken in the expansive views from Cacapon Mountain Overlook in West Virginia? Learn more about accessing Cacapon Mountain Overlook (note the fire road trail that continues on along the summit past Cacapon State Park) or Prospect Overlook. Oh, and while you’re at it, be sure to enjoy the other amenities Cacapon State Park has to offer!
The Best Places In West Virginia
What are the most historic towns in West Virginia?
The most historic towns in West Virginia include:
- Charles Town. This town was founded by George Washington’s brother Charles in 1787 and is full of Civil War history.
- Shepherdstown. The Colonial Virginia General Assembly founded this historic town in 1762 and has historical walking tours available.
- Philippi. This town is where the first land battle of the Civil War took place in 1861, and it is annually re-enacted.
- Lewisburg. This town is over 230 years old and is full of old historic buildings, many of which have been put to more modern uses.
Learn more about the most historic towns in West Virginia.
What are the most unique day trips in West Virginia?
The most unique day trips in West Virginia include:
- Lost World Caverns. These natural caverns reach down to 120 feet deep and self-guided tours are available.
- Clay Center. This place has an electric sky theater, various concerts, and educational activities for the kids.
- West Virginia State Penitentiary. This old penitentiary was known as one of the most violent facilities in the nation.
- Exhibition Coal Mine. This is where you can take a mining tour and learn all about the lives of coal miners and what they had to endure.
Discover more about the most unique day trips in West Virginia.
What are the best bucket-list attractions in West Virginia?
The best bucket-list attractions in West Virginia include:
- Lambert’s Winery. This winery has gorgeous landscaping and some amazing wines to taste. There are tours to learn how the wine is made.
- NROCKS Outdoor Adventures. Located in Circleville, this is where you can do rock climbing, zip lines, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
- West Virginia State Museum. Learn all about the history of West Virginia at this intriguing museum with many exhibits.
- Museum of American Glass. This museum in Weston shows how the glasswork is made and has examples of amazing pieces.
Find out more about the best bucket-list attractions in West Virginia.