The Unique Village In West Virginia That’s Unlike Any Other In The World
On a remote mountain in Pocahontas County, West Virginia, sits the community of Snowshoe. As the name suggests, it’s a wintery town. The high elevation leads to the winter season lasting approximately 130 days each year. The Village at Snowshoe is a ski resort community, but there is so much to do besides skiing. There are Snowshoe Village shops, restaurants, and more. It’s one of the most charming small towns in West Virginia.
Here are some tips and tricks for visiting Snowshoe Mountain:
Have you been to Snowshoe Mountain at the Village at Snowshoe? What are your favorite places for shopping in West Virginia? Do you have any favorite small towns in West Virginia? Let us know in the comments.
For more winter fun in West Virginia, take a look at these other West Virginia small towns.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Winter Adventures in West Virginia
What are the most relaxing winter getaways in West Virginia?
The most relaxing winter getaways in West Virginia include:
- Charles Town. This charming town is home to the Old Opera House Theatre Company and the Jefferson County Museum.
- Hillsboro. This is a wonderful place to see frozen waterfalls and then visit the Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Museum.
- Weston. This little town is known for having a large concentration of glassblowers and craftsmen. See the shops and visit the library in an old house from 1875.
- Vienna. This town has some scrumptious chocolate and you can get pampered at the Oasis Salt Cave.
Learn more about the most relaxing winter getaways in West Virginia.
What are the most unforgettable winter destinations in West Virginia?
The most unforgettable winter destinations in West Virginia include:
- Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Located in Snowshoe, this resort not only has all levels of skiing but offers skiing and snowboarding lessons for all ages.
- West Virginia State Museum. Come to this place to get out of the cold and learn all about the history of West Virginia.
- Bruceton Mills Luminaria. There’s something rather magical about seeing 2,500 glowing luminaries glowing on a winter night.
- Fasnacht. This festival in Helvetia is one of the oldest Yuletide events in Swiss culture where masked revelers light up Old Man Winter.
Find out more about the most unforgettable winter destinations in West Virginia.
What are the most breathtaking winter destinations in West Virginia?
The most breathtaking winter destinations in West Virginia include:
- Helvetia. This little Swiss village is filled with European charm and it is the most quaint winter destination.
- New River Gorge. This place is as gorgeous and wondrous in the winter as it is in every other season.
- Twin Falls Resort State Park. This is where you can experience what life was like on a Pioneer Farm during the 1830s.
- Coopers Rock State Park. Come to this place to experience mesmerizing views across over 12,000 acres of sheer natural beauty.
Discover more about the most breathtaking winter destinations in West Virginia.