Both A Restaurant And A Cave, West Virginia's Seneca Caverns Is An Underrated Day Trip Destination
There are plenty of good day trips in West Virginia one can take, but one of the best is a versatile option that provides food, views, and at least two forms of adventure all in one convenient setting. It also happens to be one of the most unique places in West Virginia. Can you guess which Almost Heaven destination this might be? Let’s explore Seneca Caverns in West Virginia.
Get an aerial view of this gorgeous area:
Have you ever spent the day at Seneca Caverns in West Virginia, experiencing all the location has to offer? Which activity was your favorite? To get the most current information, be sure to head over to the Seneca Caverns website or Facebook page. If you’re looking for more activities like this, check out some more of the best day trips in West Virginia.
More to Explore
Amazing Attractions in West Virginia
What are the most unique attractions in West Virginia?
The most unique attractions in West Virginia include:
- The Mothman Museum. Located in Point Pleasant, this museum is dedicated to the urban legend of Mothman.
- Lost World Caverns. Some may remember when tabloids used to feature Batboy. This cave is said to be his home.
- The John Brown Wax Museum. 87 life-sized wax figures are used to illustrate the raid on Harpers Ferry.
- Our Lady of the Pines. This is the smallest church in the nation which is beside an equally diminutive post office.
Discover more about the most unique attractions in West Virginia.
What are the most amazing hidden gem attractions in West Virginia?
The most amazing hidden gem attractions in West Virginia include:
- West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey. This is a museum where you can see a dinosaur skeleton and some rare gemstones.
- NROCKS Outdoor Adventures. Come here for rock climbing, zip lines, and some stupendous hiking.
- Museum of American Glass. Located in Weston, this museum is full of the most amazing artwork made entirely of glass.
- The West Virginia Farm Museum. This is where you’ll see historic buildings and learn all about this state’s farming history.
Find out more about the most amazing hidden gem attractions in West Virginia.
What are the most incredible sightseeing tours in West Virginia?
The most incredible sightseeing tours in West Virginia include:
- Green Bank Observatory. This is the world’s largest fully-steerable telescope on earth and is taller than the Statue of Liberty.
- The Wild Cave Tour. Located in Lewisburg, this 45-minute tour will take you deep into the Lost World Caverns.
- Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine. Veteran miners will take you through this coal mine and show you what it was like to work as a coal miner.
- Greenbrier Bunker Tour. This massive bunker was built to house Congress if a nuclear war took place. It is no longer intended for this purpose but it’s worth the tour.
Learn more about the most incredible sightseeing tours in West Virginia.