The Small Town In West Virginia You’ve Never Heard Of But Will Fall In Love With
There’s nothing quite like life in small towns in West Virginia, where a sense of community is strong, and people are still in touch with traditions from generations past. You’ll find that charming atmosphere in Pickens, West Virginia, in the remote forests of Randolph County. Let’s explore the magnificent things to do in Pickens, West Virginia.
You won’t find any restaurants in Pickens, so if you get hungry, pay a visit to the nearby town of Helvetia. It’s a Swiss settlement home to the tasty Helvetia Hutte, which serves traditional Swiss cuisine.
More to Explore
Things To Do In West Virginia
What are the most amazing hidden gem attractions in West Virginia?
The most amazing hidden gem attractions in West Virginia include:
- The West Virginia Farm Museum. This is where you’ll see historic buildings and learn all about this state’s farming history.
- West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey. This is a museum where you can see a dinosaur skeleton and some rare gemstones.
- NROCKS Outdoor Adventures. Come here for rock climbing, zip lines, and some stupendous hiking.
- Museum of American Glass. Located in Weston, this museum is full of the most amazing artwork made entirely of glass.
Find out more about the most amazing hidden gem attractions in West Virginia.
What are the most incredible sightseeing tours in West Virginia?
The most incredible sightseeing tours in West Virginia include:
- Greenbrier Bunker Tour. This massive bunker was built to house Congress if a nuclear war took place. It is no longer intended for this purpose but it’s worth the tour.
- Gren Bank Observatory. This is the world’s largest fully-steerable telescope and is taller than the Statue of Liberty.
- The Wild Cave Tour. Located in Lewisburg, this 45-minute tour will take you deep into the Lost World Caverns.
- Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine. Veteran miners will take you through this coal mine and show you what it was like to work as a coal miner.
Learn more about the most incredible sightseeing tours in West Virginia.
What are the most unique attractions in West Virginia?
The most unique attractions in West Virginia include:
- Lost World Caverns. Some may remember when tabloids used to feature Batboy. This cave is said to be his home.
- Our Lady of the Pines. This is the smallest church in the nation which is beside an equally diminutive post office.
- The John Brown Wax Museum. 87 life-sized wax figures are used to illustrate the raid on Harpers Ferry.
- The Mothman Museum. Located in Point Pleasant, this museum is dedicated to the urban legend of Mothman.
Discover more about the most unique attractions in West Virginia.