West Virginia March 28, 2015
These 26 Restaurants in West Virginia Will Make Your Taste Buds Explode
While West Virginia may not seem like a restaurant connoisseur, you just have to dig a little to find some truly amazing restaurants! Us West Virginians really do love our food. This list could go on forever.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here:
1) Tudor's Biscuit World, which is now in Ohio, Virginia, and Kentucky, is a chain that started in Nitro, West Virginia.
2) Smokey's on the Gorge, located in Fayetteville, WV.
4) The Corner Shop, located in Bramwell, WV, is an old-fashioned style diner restaurant.
This little shop even has an old-fashioned soda fountain and homemade ice cream.
5) Black Sheep Burrito and Brews, located in Huntington and Charleston.
Grab a cold beer and an amazing burrito at this amazing restaurant.
6) Fazio's Italian Restaurant, located in the capitol city, Charleston.
7) Lola's Pizza, located in Charleston, is kinda like a hippie-pizza joint. And I love it!
8) The Blue Parrot is a great little bar located in Charleston.
The Blue Parrot always has awesome brews and live local music! This is a must!
9) The Bluegrass Kitchen, located in Charleston, is known for having a great selection of vegetarian and omnivorous dishes! This place is amazing!
10) The Downtowner, located in Ripley, WV.
The Downtowner has a local feel to it with a kinda old-fashioned feel. They have great soups and sandwiches!
11) Pies and Pints originated in Fayetteville, West Virginia.
Unique and original pizzas and amazing beers! This pizza joint that originated in WV is a must!
12) The Secret Sandwich Society, located in Fayetteville, WV.
The secret is out... these sandwiches are seriously incredible!
13) Spring Hill Bakery, located in South Charleston, WV.
Pictured above is a "hot dog" from the bakery. This small little shop has such big potential! The best cakes, donuts, and pastries around, by far.
14) Mountain Creek Dining Room, located in Pipestem State Park.
The only way to get to the restaurant is to ride the tram to the bottom of the gorge!
15) Ellen's Homemade Ice Cream is located on Capitol Street in Charleston.
Ellen's is a favorite of my family!
16) Muriale's Restaurant, located in Fairmont, WV.
Stop by Muriale's for some amazing and authentic Italian food!
17) Black Bear Burritos in Morgantown, WV.
Black Bear Burritos is a Morgantown staple!
18) DiCarlo's Pizza Shop, located in Wheeling, WV.
DiCarlo's has some of the most authentic and amazing pizza that will ever grace your mouth.
19) The North End Tavern and Brewery, located in Parkersburg, WV.
Great burgers and a selection of hand-crafted beers from their very own microbrewery.
20) Frostop's, located in Huntington, WV.
The best root beer floats ever and they still come out and serve you at your car! I always visit every time I'm in Huntington.
21) Coleman's Fish Market, located in Wheeling, WV.
Coleman's is famous for their fish sandwiches! Next time you are in Wheeling, check them out!
22) Taste of Asia, located in South Charleston, WV.
Steve Smith Flickr
Taste of Asia isn't exclusive to West Virginia like many of these restaurants, but it is still amazing. They have classic Japanese dishes and some unique ones!
23) Later Alligator, located in Wheeling, WV.
This unique restaurant is so cute and has amazing crepes, soups, sandwiches, and salads!
24) Fat Patty's originated in Huntington, West Virginia.
You could live off of one of these burgers for days! They're enormous, and oh-so amazing!
25) Jim's Steak and Spaghetti Restaurant, located in Huntington, WV, is a great restaurant with a family-friendly atmosphere.
26) The Press Room, located in Shepherdstown, WV, is an amazing restaurant with incredible desserts!
The mountain state has an incredible selection of restaurants to choose from. What is your favorite restaurant and where is it located? Comment below!