The Beauty Of These 14 Churches In West Virginia Will Leave You Stunned
These 14 amazing churches in West Virginia are absolutely stunning! And some of them have an amazing history or are just plain unique. Check them out!
1) Andrews Methodist Episcopal Church is located in Grafton, WV.
Pictured above is a statue outside of the church honoring mothers since this was the church that Mother's Day was very first celebrated.
2) Central United Methodist Church is located in Fairmont, WV.
In the summer of 1908, in the nearby town of Monongah, there was a coal mining disaster that claimed 361 mens' lives. One of the daughters of a coal miner was thinking heavily about her father and decided that there should be a day that fathers should be remembered and honored. This is the site of the very church that Father's day was first celebrated.
3) The Sacred Heart Church is located in the small town of Chester, WV.
4) This First Baptist Church is located in Parkersburg, WV.
5) This First United Methodist Church is located in Huntington, WV.
6) St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church is located in Harpers Ferry, WV.
Pictured above is the outside of the beautiful church in Harpers Ferry, WV.
Pictured below is the inside of the beautiful Harpers Ferry church.
7) Our Lady of the Pines is a very tiny Roman Catholic Church in Silver Lake, WV.
Pictured above is the inside of the little church, which seats only twelve.
8) The First Presbyterian Church of New Cumberland, WV, is absolutely stunning!
9) St. Alphonsus Church is an incredibly beautiful church located in Wheeling, WV.
10) St. Bernard Chapel is located in the beautiful town of Snowshoe, WV.
Isn't this photo magnificent?
11) St. James Lutheran Church is located in the heart of downtown Wheeling, WV.
12) St. John's Chapel is located in Sweet Springs, WV.
St. John's Chapel is the oldest Catholic church in the state that is still used. This quaint little chapel was built in the late 1850s and then was restored in the early 1980s.
13) This is the abandoned Stotesbury Church located in the old coal town of Stotesbury, WV.
14) Thomson Methodist Church is located in Wheeling Island, WV.
Whether you are a person of faith or not, you have got to admit that these amazing churches are so beautiful! Stained glass is magnificent no matter who you are or what you believe in. And that tiny church is just adorable!
What would you like to see in an article about West Virginia? I would love to hear your input! Comment below!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Explore West Virginia