10 Ways You Can Tell That Washington Is The Only Place For You
Even if you’ve never lived anywhere but Washington, you may have considered moving away for one reason or another. But eventually, those who do leave realize there’s no place like home… and those who do stay are usually glad they did. Here are some surefire signs you don’t belong anywhere but the Evergreen State.
1. Although an endless summer sounds nice, you’d much rather experience all four seasons to the fullest.
Give us the spring tulips, the summer lavender and the winter snow, please.
2. You want to live in the country, but also the city, followed by the mountains, and eventually at the beach.
We have some of the most diverse scenery in the country, so you can have it all without leaving the state.
3. You love music more than most people love anything.
Our concert venues (like the Gorge), our local bands and the top artists that perform here every year make this a state for true music lovers.
4. You don’t mind the rain because you know it’s what makes the state so green and beautiful.
Plus it's, you know, necessary for our crops.
5. You realize just how lucky you are to have access to so much delicious produce, locally raised meat and fresh seafood.
We're spoiled here, and we know it.
6. Even if you don’t smoke it yourself, you really don’t see what the big deal is about marijuana.
We have much more important things to concern ourselves with.
7. Whether it’s seeing the Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge, going to Hoopfest or braving the crowds for the Leavenworth Christmas Lighting Festival, you have annual local traditions you wouldn’t trade for the world.
8. You need the amazing coffee you can only find in Washington.
And no, we're not just talking about a certain well-known corporate chain. Our local coffee shops are the best.
9. You’re too spoiled by Washington’s amazing festivals to ever leave.
This is the Poulsbo Viking Fest, one of many (and we do mean many) statewide events that celebrate culture, history, music or food.
10. The thought of living anywhere else makes you legitimately depressed.
You can't bear the thought of leaving for any reason.
So now you know whether or not you belong in Washington… but
are you a true Washingtonian?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.