Washington July 28, 2015
Here Are 10 Awesome Things To Do In Washington For $10 or Less
Fun doesn’t always come cheap, but we’ve found a few ways to save. If you’ve already exhausted my
Free Things To Do In Washington list and you have a crisp $10 bill in your wallet, here are 10 amazing ways to spend it around our state (excluding gas, of course):
1. Go on a cinematic adventure at the Galaxy $2 theater (Gateway Movies 8) in Federal Way.
You may not be able to see the movies that JUST came out, but their selection is still solid! Besides, with the other $8, you can splurge on some buttery popcorn.
2. Go bowling at Brian's Bulldog Pizza & Bowling in Cashmere.
Their bowling games are $3.50 per person and shoe rentals are $2.50 per person. Pro-tip: Check out the deals & coupons on their website to save dough and you'll be able to afford some great food after your game!
3. If you're over 21, head to a casino like the Crazy Moose Casino in Pasco.
You never know...your $10 could turn into $10 million! Besides, the lively atmosphere can boost your mood regardless of whether or not you win big.
4. Looking for a more sure-fire win? Enjoy a well-crafted treat at Johnny's Donuts in Bellingham.
Their selection will have you drooling in no time, and as long as you buy one or two (or maybe even three!) you shouldn't go over budget.
5. Spend an hour singing your heart out at karaoke at Rock Box in Seattle!
This beautifully decorated Japanese-style karaoke bar in Capitol Hill usually charges about $7/person/hr, but on Sundays it's only $4/person/hr (and during Happy Hour throughout the week), and they have some great weekly specials posted on their website. This one's also for adults 21 & up.
6. Be amazed by the Suction Goat in Spokane.
There's no need to spend any money to check out this crazy steel sculpture of a goat! It will eat small pieces of paper trash or litter with the aid of its vacuum digestive system. The goat was originally built for the 1974 Spokane World's Fair with an ecology theme.
7. Hit up the Carousel of Dreams in Kennewick.
Everyone in the whole family can enjoy this spot in the tri-cities! They offer four tokens for $10, individual ones for $3, and if you're lucky enough to grab the golden ring, you may be able to win a free ride!
8. Go blueberry picking in North Bend at Bybee Farms!
The fresh, scrumptious berries on this farm are only about $2/pound, and it's an incredibly rejuvenating experience to pick them yourself!
9. Think you could get through the Lazer Maze Challenge at Elevated Sportz in Bothell?
Pricing info, as posted online: For one person, it's $3 for 1 mission, $5 for 2 missions, and $7 for 3. If you're with a sidekick, it's $5 for one mission, $9 for 2 and $12 for 3 (if you can spend the extra $2 over for the third mission, it's totally worth it).
10. Seeking the ULTIMATE test? Try to escape Bob's Corn Maze in Snohomish!
Admission's only $8 for adults and $6 for kids 5-12 if you go during the day, and you'll never feel more alive! Be sure to find them online for more specific details.
How else do you like to spend $10 around Washington? Share your ideas below!