Washington February 29, 2016
12 Reasons Why Anyone Who Hates Washington Can Just Shut Up
It’s hard to believe that anyone could dislike Washington. We have so much diverse beauty here, and we’re home to so many wonderful people and unique places to explore. For some strange reason though, people from out of state will sometimes not like us or we’re just forgotten about up here in the left-hand corner of the country. Whatever the case, here are 12 reasons why anyone who doesn’t like our state can just keep it to themselves:
1. They don’t get to experience temperate rain forests like us…
The Olympic Peninsula is home to the only three temperate rain forests in the contiguous states. You can dislike Washington all you want, but we'll be off strolling through our own Amazon.
2. ...or the stunning beauty of the Washington coastline.
Not every state is lucky enough to be located along the Pacific. The tree-covered sea stacks, tide pools, and rocky beaches along our coastline make it the most breathtaking place in the world.
3. We grow most of the nation's hops to brew beer.
Our hops grown in the Yakima Valley alone make up for about 75% produced for the whole country.
4. Unlike 43 other states, Washington doesn’t have to pay a state income tax.
We're all going to be happily reminded of this in the next few months during tax season.
5. Washington's ferry system is the largest in the country, and by far the best.
Our local ferry system features 28 vessels that travel around to 20 ports of call across the picturesque Puget Sound.
6. We've brought the world companies they know and use everyday.
People all over the world utilize products and services that started right here in Washington. Microsoft (which produced Office and XBOX), Starbucks, Amazon, UPS and U-Haul are only a few of our local companies that have made an impact worldwide.
7. And Boeing revolutionized the airplane industry.
Commercial airplanes would just not be the same without Boeing. The airplane industry changed forever after Boeing's iconic models, like the 747.
8. We lead the nation in producing mint, sweet cherries, raspberries and apples.
Washington's additionally ranked second in producing fresh apricots, potatoes, seafood and grapes.
9. We've been home to countless groundbreaking musicians.
How could you dislike a state with so much talent and innovation? Dozens of famous musicians started around here, like Nirvana, Modest Mouse, Jimi Hendrix, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Bing Crosby and artists like Dale Chihuly.
10. We brought the world Cinnabon.
These soft, gooey cinnamon rolls could make any argument against Washington invalid. The very first Cinnabon opened here at the SeaTac Mall in '85, and the only option was the "Cinnabon Classic" cinnamon roll. We also had the first Red Robin, Taco Time and Taco del Mar.
11. We're sustainable on our own.
Nearly 75% of our state's power comes from renewable energy sources including hydroelectric, solar and wind. We're also home to the Grand Coulee Dam, which is the largest hydroelectric power producer in the country.
12. And no matter what anyone says, we still live in one of the most heavenly places on Earth.
With all of the waterfalls, lakes, rivers, meadows, mountains and Evergreen forests, the Pacific Northwest is by far one of the most beautiful places on Earth. Why live anywhere else?
There’s truly no place like Washington. If you don’t like this amazing state, the border is that way –>
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.