10 Unique Museums in Washington to Check Out This Summer
Museums can offer an interesting adventure! Washington has a long list of noteworthy exhibits, but these 10 unique spots around the state are worth a visit in the near future:
1. Music and/or sci-fi stuff - EMP / Experience Music Project in Seattle
You can rock out to the dozens of music displays featuring artists like Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix, as well as be fascinated by the numerous sci-fi exhibits! You may need more than just one day to fully take it all in!
2. Something artistic - Museum of Glass in Tacoma
This massive museum is dedicated to the medium of glass art. You'll be able to admire a lot of original Dale Chihuly work here!
3. A place the kids will like - KidsQuest Children’s Museum in Bellevue
Your kids will be entertained for hours at this hands-on museum featuring displays about science, art, and technology!
4. Animal lover - Whale Museum in Friday Harbor
If you love animals, especially marine creatures, might as WHALE come check out this museum on the San Juan Islands!
5. Quirky stuff - Leavenworth Nutcracker Museum
The little kid in you will be screaming with joy! This spot in Leavenworth focuses on the history of nutcrackers and has been home to almost 7,000 of them!
6. Cultural history - Yakima Valley Museum
If you're a history buff, you'll be happy to learn that this museum in the beautiful Franklin Park offers captivating exhibits on American Indian culture, pioneer life, and the roots of the valley’s fruit industry.
7. War & airplane history - Flying Heritage Collection in Everett
This museum showcases restored WWII aircraft used between 1935 & 1945. People of all ages can appreciate this premier aviation attraction!
8. Make me laugh - Washington Banana Museum in Auburn
A fruitful collection of memorabilia regarding the beloved and delicious banana.
9. Learn something new - WET Science Center (Water Education and Technology) in Olympia
You'll feel refreshed after learning all about one of our most vital resources - water!
10. Interactive fun - Seattle Pinball Museum
Looking for something out of the ordinary? How about this museum with 30+ vintage pinball machines, all on free play with paid admission of about $10?
There’s also The Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture in Spokane, Bug Museum in Bremerton, SPARK Museum of Electrical Invention in Bellingham, and so many more! What are some of YOUR favorite museums in Washington? Share in the comments below!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.