Washington December 15, 2016
12 Under The Radar Restaurants In Washington That Are Scrumdiddlyumptious
Washington’s popular restaurants get a lot of attention for a reason – they’re amazing. But we also happen to have plenty of dining options that are just as delicious as their more publicized counterparts (we promise). Today we’re giving a few such places some of the positive press they deserve.
1. Foodies Brick & Mortar, 308 W Kennewick Ave., Kennewick
Foodies is relatively new to the Tri Cities dining scene, and slowly cut surely the locals are realizing how delicious their burgers, salads and street tacos are.
2. Backwoods Cafe, 913 S. 1st St., Yakima
Backwoods Cafe looks unassuming from the outside, and inside it's a rustic dream come true. This family-owned cafe serves some of the best breakfasts in Yakima.
3. Blackbird Bistro, 3247 California Ave. SW, Seattle
In a city like Seattle, it's easy for a restaurant to fly under the radar. West Seattle's Blackbird Bistro is definitely an underrated gem.
4. Saigon Restaurant, 3021 NE 72nd Dr., Vancouver
If you're a pho fan, Vancouver's Saigon Restaurant will never disappoint.
5. Pit Stop Bottle Stop & Pub, 216 SW 153rd St., Burien
Not only does this unassuming pub serve delicious food and offer a huge beer selection, but they're dog-friendly, too.
6. Epulo Bistro, 526 Main St., Edmonds
Epulo Bistro serves Mediterranean-American dishes and fancy cocktails in a beautiful setting. The prices are reasonable and the service is top notch.
7. Lefevre Street Bakery Cafe, 123 S Lefevre St., Medical Lake
You'll find this fairly new bakery just a few miles outside of Spokane, but be prepared for a better breakfast than anything you'll find in the city.
8. South, 913 Front St., Leavenworth
Good Mexican food in Leavenworth? It's true. While the Bavarian restaurants tend to get most of the attention, South quietly and proudly serves some of the most outstanding meals in town.
9. Cheeky Cafe, 1700 S Jackson St., Seattle
Tucked away in a residential neighborhood in Seattle's Central District, Cheeky Cafe serves a delicious medley of brunch and lunch dishes.
10. Samwon Garden Restaurant, 3821 Steilacoom Blvd., Lakewood
Samwon Garden definitely doesn't look like much from the outside, but if you venture inside you'll be glad you gave it a try.
11. Olive Tree Mediterranean Restaurant, 12930 SE Kent Kangley Rd., Kent
Since 2009, Olive Tree has been serving delicious authentic Mediterranean food.
12. Casper Fry, 928 S. Perry, Spokane
There have been some exciting new additions to the Spokane food scene in recent years, and the Southern food-focused Casper Fry is definitely one of them.
Do you have a favorite hidden gem restaurant in Washington? Sometimes they’re deceptive, like these hole in the wall places that serve amazing food.