Washington February 07, 2018
10 Reasons No One In Their Right Mind Visits Washington In The Winter
Washington is a state that experiences all four seasons to the fullest. But everyone who calls the Evergreen State home knows that winters are truly terrible. We’ll give you 10 good reasons to stay away until summer.
1. First of all… Washington winters are ugly.
Just look at those hideous snowcapped trees.
2. Sometimes it gets so cold, our waterfalls freeze.
What good is a frozen waterfall?
3. There’s this annoyingly beautiful Bavarian village that is so full of Christmas spirit (until Valentine's Day!), it ruins you for life--you’ll never want to be anywhere during the holiday season ever again.
You don't need that kind of stress in your life.
4. While it's true that Seattle hotels are more affordable in the winter and there aren't as many crowds, everyone knows that it rains constantly there from October to June.
Never mind that this picture was taken in January...
5. The coast is unbearably cold right now.
Are sights like this really worth bundling up and braving 49 degree weather?
6. There is absolutely nothing to do in Washington in the winter.
Nothing at all.
7. Sometimes it doesn't snow at all, dashing your hopes of a white Christmas...
8. ... and sometimes it snows WAY too much.
This usually happens when you need to drive over Snoqualmie Pass.
9. You can still drink all the local craft beer and taste all the Washington wine your heart desires.
Walla Walla even hosts a Winter Barrel Tasting event. Why is this a bad thing, you ask? Hangovers are even more brutal in winter. It's science.
10. Winter hiking is so peaceful, it’s actually too quiet.
The sound of silence is a little eerie.
In case you haven’t noticed, we’re being sarcastic–Washington is gorgeous in any season. But if you’re coming to see it, there are
a few things we’d like you to know.