This Unique Rail Biking Experience In Washington Belongs On Your Bucket List
The list of outdoor activities Washington has to offer is seemingly endless. From hiking to kayaking to our zip line adventures, there’s a good reason many of us prefer to be outside. But did you know you can pedal the historic Simpson Logging Company Railway in a unique rail biking adventure? Allow us to introduce you to Vance Creek Railriders in Shelton. It’s one of the best outdoor activities in Washington state and it belongs on your bucket list.
Have you ever pedaled down a historic railway? If so, tell us about your experience in the comments below. Be sure to visit the Vance Creek Railriders website to make a reservation for this truly unique experience before fall. Spots fill up fast, so we recommend that you make your reservations in advance for the 2024 season.
And if you’re searching for more adventure, here are some top-rated attractions in Washington that we recommend.
More to Explore
Outdoor Activities In Washington State
What are the best hiking trails in Washington state?
If rail biking is not your thing and you prefer to explore on foot, here are some of the best hiking trails in Washington that you will enjoy:
- Rattlesnake Ledge Trailhead, North Bend
- Skyline Trail Loop, Paradise
- Lake Twenty-Two Trailhead, Granite Falls
- Marymere Falls Trailhead, Port Angeles
- Sol Duc Falls Trail, Joyce
- Hall of Mosses Trailhead, Forks
- Mount Rainier via Emmons Glacier, Greenwater
- West McMillan Spire via Goodell Creek Trail, Marblemount
- Snow Lake Trail, Snoqualmie Pass
- Iceberg Point Trail, Lopez Island
- Bowl and Pitcher Loop Trail, Spokane
- Upper Lodge to Artist Point Trail, Maple Falls
Read our previous article telling you more about these hiking trails in Washington.
What are some of the best state parks in Washington to explore?
If you love outdoor activities, these are the best state parks in Washington that are filled with adventure:
- Pearrygin Lake State Park, Winthrop
- Joemma Beach State Park, Longbranch
- Curlew Lake State Park, Republic
- Steamboat Rock State Park, Electric City
- Ike Kinswa State Park, Silver Creek
- Flaming Geyser State Park, Auburn
- Lake Wenatchee State Park, Leavenworth
- Dosewallips State Park, Brinnon
- Conconully State Park, Conconully
- Beacon Rock State Park, Stevenson
- Potlatch State Park, Shelton
- Wallace Falls State Park, Goldbar
- Peshastin Pinnacles State Park, Cashmere
- Saint Edward State Park, Kenmore
Check out our previous article telling you more about the best state parks in Washington that are great for the outdoor adventurer.