A Day Trip To This Pristine Washington Lake Will Make Your Summer Complete
With its incredible ocean beaches and abundance of rivers, Washington is a paradise for those who love waterfront fun — but sometimes, nothing tops a day at the lake. And while a weekend spent at Lake Chelan or one of our other top vacation spots is always amazing, if you need a more peaceful retreat, wake up with the sun and head to Diablo Lake for the day.
Here’s a cool YouTube video by Family Time4Fun showing pretty aerial images of the lake as well as the surrounding area.
Now that summer is in full swing, you should really make the most of it. Here are some other ideas for amazing summer day trips in Washington.
More to Explore
DIABLO LAKE & RELATED INFO
How to get to Diablo Lake?
Diablo Lake is tucked inside North Cascades National Park and the parking lot for the Diablo Lake Trail can be accessed from Diablo Dam Road off North Cascades Highway (SR 20). During the warmer months, you can also take the Diablo Lake Ferry to get to the gorgeous lake. The 7-mile hike meanders through various terrains offering glimpses of the pretty lake along the way. While the trail is a wonderful experience, we recommend going to the lookout for the best views of the lake.
What are the prettiest lakes in Washington?
Of course, Diablo Lake is one of the prettiest lakes in Washington, but here are some more lakes that are equally notable.
- Colchuck Lake, Chelan County,
- Reflection Lake, Lewis County
- Lake Washington, King County
- Lake Quinault, Grays Harbor County
- Lake Crescent, Clallam County
- Omak Lake, Okanogan County
- Eunice Lake, Pierce County
- Bench Lake, King County
- Lake Chelan, Chelan County
- Bumping Lake, Yakima County
- Lake Wenatchee, Chelan County,
- Summit Lake, Thurston County
Don’t forget to check out our previous article to discover more about the prettiest lakes in Washington.
What are the best day trip ideas in Washington?
If you’re searching for day trip ideas in Washington, then we’ve got you covered. Below is a list of fun day trips that we recommend:
- Wild Waves Theme & Water Park, Federal Way.
- Museum of Pop Culture, Seattle
- Snoqualmie Falls, Snoqualmie
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park, Eatonville
- Mt. Rainier Day Tour from Seattle
- Tukwila Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant, Tukwila
- The Museum of Flight, Seattle
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium, Tacoma
- Washington State Fair, Puyallup
- Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle
- Baseball Game at T-Mobile Park
- Ruby Beach, Olympic National Park,
Here is an article with some more cool day trip ideas in Washington.