Washington October 08, 2017
10 Ways Washington Has Quietly Become The Coolest State In America
Those who visit Washington State for the first time tend to fall in love with it, but those who have lived here al their lives already know how amazing it is. You may not hear as much about our Long Beach as California’s, but we happen to think we live in the coolest place ever. Here’s why:
1. First, there's literally something for everyone here.
Want to live in a city but also in the country but also by the ocean and maybe in the mountains for awhile? How about in the middle of a wheat field or the heart of a canyon? No problem. Washington has it all.
2. Also, we now have some of the best food in the country.
These savory steak frites are from RN74 in Seattle, but you don't have to be in a big city to enjoy delicious dining. Our small towns have plenty of excellent restaurants and Farmers Markets.
3. No offense to Napa, but Walla Walla's wine scene (and charming downtown) has evolved into something even cooler than Cali's...
4. ... not to mention the gorgeous wineries of the Yakima Valley and the Red Mountain area.
Washington wine is now getting international attention.
5. The hops industry is thriving.
The Yakima Valley produces more hops than anywhere else in the world. You're welcome, rest of the country!
6. People come from all over the PNW to hike our gorgeous trails.
This is the beautiful Rattlesnake Ledge Trail near North Bend.
7. Washington attracts some amazing artists.
Lady Gaga, Garth Brooks, Adele, Beyonce, Katy Perry, lots of country stars and EDM favorites... you'll find it all here.
8. And speaking of music, this venue alone makes us pretty cool.
The Gorge Amphitheater is amazing.
9. And then there's that whole legal marijuana thing.
It's worth mentioning.
10. Our small towns are some of the most charming in the entire nation.
Leavenworth is one of many.
Washington is truly one of the greatest places on Earth to visit and to live. In fact, we happen to think
it’s the best state.