Washington Winter December 11, 2015
by Nikki Cleveland 11 Reasons Why Christmas In Washington Is The Absolute Best
With Christmas only two weeks away, it’s nearly impossible to not be in the holiday spirit. From our local sweets to holiday-themed adventures, Washington is one of the most magical places to celebrate this season. In honor of the upcoming holiday, here are 11 reasons why Christmastime is the best in the Northwest:
1. Our farms grow some of the best Evergreen trees to take home and decorate for Christmas.
We're in the Top 5 leading states in the nation for Christmas tree production! In 2013, Washington had about 250 farms that yielded 2.3 million Christmas trees, valued at approximately $35 million.
2. The locally grown apples in our state make some of the most amazing cider.
Washington produces about 70% of all fresh apples for the country, which can be made into one of the most delicious hot beverages this season!
3. No matter where you are in the state, there are magical celebrations that you can check out all month.
From zoos to botanical gardens, we have several lighting events and festivals to see around Washington during the next couple of weeks - especially these
incredible holiday displays
4. We're the largest mint-producing area in the world when it comes to spearmint and peppermint...
...which makes the most delicious candy canes and peppermint-flavored treats for the holidays!
5. Speaking of Christmas candy, we're also home to Almond Roca.
These buttercrunch toffee candies make for the perfect stocking stuffers, and they're produced right here in Tacoma by Brown-Haley.
6. We have a creamery in Lynden that makes a wonderful eggnog this season.
It tastes even more delightful if you add it in your coffee, which is a necessity Christmas morning.
7. You can score all kinds of unique gifts at our local holiday bazaars.
The handcrafted items you'll find at these markets by local artists make for much better presents than anything from the store.
8. We have several holiday-themed trains where you can hop on board for a scenic journey.
For a festive adventure this season, check out the Santa Express on the Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad, or The Polar Express & Santa Steam Trains on the Chehalis-Centralia Railroad.
9. Going for a Christmas cruise across Puget Sound is absolutely spectacular.
If you're dreaming of making a getaway this holiday, the Argosy Christmas Ship Cruise sails on select nights up until December 22! On board you'll be able to enjoy festive choir music, a variety of Christmas activities, and a full-service bar.
10. Our entire state is a winter wonderland!
Just look at this adorable photo of Leavenworth, for example. How could you not want to plan a trip to this charming Christmas village during the holidays?
11. And Christmas vacation means more time to hit the slopes and of course, more time to spend with friends and family!
After opening presents in the morning, going up to the mountain is a great way to spend your holiday! Stevens Pass will be open on Christmas Day for regular operations, conditions permitting.
Isn’t Christmastime in our state amazing? What are some of your favorite things about this season in Washington?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.