For The Best Clam Chowder Of Your Life, Head To This Hole-In-The-Wall Seafood Restaurant In Washington
If you were born and raised in the PNW, you probably consider yourself a clam chowder connoisseur (if you’re a fan of seafood, that is). After all, between Pike Place Chowder, Ivar’s, and Ray’s Boathouse and Cafe, we’ve got a lot of famous chowder spots. Here’s one that has the best clam chowder in Washington state.
But believe it or not, there’s a little seafood shack on the coast that just might top them all. The food at Bennett’s Fish Shack is all delicious, but the clam chowder is in a league of its own.
See how Bennett’s makes its delicious seafood:
Have you ever eaten at Bennett’s Fish Shack, the home of the best clam chowder in Washington state? Where is your favorite place in Washington to feast on clam chowder? Let us know in the comments. If you’re looking for more like this, check out the 13 best seafood restaurants in Washington.
More to Explore
The Culinary Diversity of Washington
What are the most iconic foods in Washington?
The most iconic foods in Washington include:
- Rainier Cherries. These cherries are not only held in high regard all over the state but the whole country for their tart sweetness.
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon. In Washington, salmon is placed on a cedar plank and grilled with a honey-balsamic glaze.
- Walla Walla Sweet Onions. Locals love to put these on hamburgers and other sandwiches and even make potato chips flavored with them.
- Duck’s Deluxe Burgers. These old-fashioned burgers are a Washington staple that goes wonderfully with the shoestring fries.
Learn more about the most iconic foods in Washington.
What are the best bucket list dishes in Washington?
The best bucket list dishes in Washington include:
- The Wenatchee Pizza at Saddle Rock Pub & Brewery. This is a pizza topped with fresh local apples and bacon.
- Green Eggs & Ham at Hi-Lo’s 15th Street Cafe. This is a dish made of eggs with pesto and ham with a side of toast.
- The Paruana Sandwich at Cafe Rumba. This Peruvian sandwich is made with avocado, roasted tomato, yams, huacatay, aji amarillo, and spinach.
- Freshly Baked Apple pancakes at Maple Counter Cafe. These are gigantic, delicious, sweet pancakes that cover the entire plate.
Find out more about the best bucket list dishes in Washington.
What are some hidden restaurants in Washington?
Hidden restaurants in Washington include:
- Berry Fields in Centralia. This little place makes sandwiches with fresh, homemade bread and offers scrumptious pies.
- Secret Cove in Anacortes. This seaside restaurant makes amazing fish tacos, fish and chips, burgers, steaks, and much more.
- El Fat Cat Grill in Kennwick. The Mexican food here is top-notch and includes a torta made with adobada, bacon, ham, onions, mozzarella, and other toppings.
- Royal Grinders in Fremont. This is the place to go for delicious oven-roasted subs and a multitude of yummy gelato flavors.
Discover more about these and other hidden restaurants in Washington.