The 2.5 Mile Hike In Washington That's Unlike Any Other In The World
Washington is a hiker’s paradise. You’ll find diverse, challenging, and beautiful hikes in every part of our state… and just when you think you’ve seen it all, you’ll find something like Skamania County’s Ape Cave Trail. This fascinating hike includes a trek through the 2.5-mile Ape Cave, the longest continuous lava tube in the continental United States.
Curious? Check out this awesome 4K hiking video of Ape Cave:
Would you hike through Ape Cave? What do you think of this amazing, unique hike in Washington state? We’re obsessed, not going to lie. Up for another adventure? What about crossing the nearby swinging bridge in Washington?
More to Explore
Unique Hike in Washington State
- What is the best unique hike in Washington state?
Washington state is home to so many amazing hiking trails that it might be tough to decide which ones to do. Honestly? If you ask us? We think you should make time to do them all! Start with the easier ones, then work your way up. Some of the best, most unique hikes in Washington state are ones like:
- Hurricane Hill – This incredibly scenic hike is just three miles long, but it leads to some of the most incredible views in the entire state. Worth it!
- Whittaker Wilderness Peak Trail – This amazing hike feels like something out of a science fiction novel instead of real life. It’s epic.
- Palouse Falls – You don’t get to hike to an amazing waterfall every day, but we can make that day today.
Learn more about some of the most amazing unique hikes in Washington state.
- Where can I do an awesome cave hike in Washington?
As we mentioned above, there are so many amazing hiking trails in Washington that you can easily make your whole life out of it! Some of the coolest hiking trails in Washington lead to – or go through – some caves and some of the best cave hikes in Washington are:
- Oyster Dome Trail – This one’s pretty tough, but we promise the geological payoff at the end is worth every moment. You’ll find it in the Blanchard State Forest.
- Big Four Ice Caves Trail – Oh boy! This trail is easy and leads not only to caves but to incredible waterfalls. It’s perfect.
- Cape Flattery Trail – This 1.2-mile easy hike is great for views, caving, and sunsets.
Learn more about some of the most magnificent trails in Washington.
- What are some other delightfully unique trails in Washington?
Obviously, with so many amazingly unique trails in Washington to choose from, it’s tough to know where to begin. We promise it’s worth it though! Some of the other most notable, unique trails in Washington are ones such as:
- Boulder River Waterfall Trail – This waterfall is incredible, and it’s worth the challenge to get to it.
- Ancient Lakes – These awesome lakes ought to be explored by everyone at least once. Experience some of our most amazing geography on this hike.
Learn more about some of the most exquisite hikes in Washington.