Virginia October 17, 2017
14 Totally True Stereotypes Virginians Should Just Accept As Fact
When it comes to your identity as a Virginian, there are some things you just can’t deny.
Perhaps most obviously, it’s the small yet prevalent obsession with all things Virginia. And there are a few other undeniable characteristics that make the stereotypes of a Virginian true. See if you can relate to any of the following stereotypes we Virginians should just accept as fact:
1. We have our loyalties.
It's a complicated love affair, but HTTR!
2. We might just be ever so slightly obsessed with the mountains.
And don't you dare call them hills!
3. There's a chance we may have accents...
4...but we'll thoroughly deny that we do.
"I don't have an accent...you do!"
5. We love our farms.
Only some of our beautiful Virginia is made of farmland, but it's a beloved part of the state.
6. We're all historians.
You have a question about George Washington? Care to hear a little-known fact about Jamestown? We're here to help!
7. Road construction is just part of life in Virginia.
You won't have to look far to find those orange construction cones.
8. We tend to overreact when it comes to snow.
A slight chance of snow tomorrow means absolutely nothing will be open in the morning.
9. We've got an eclectic taste in fast food.
Arby's roast beef sandwich IS delicious.
10. We love to share a little bit about ourselves on our license plates.
Virginians have the highest percentage of vanity plates in the country. And we're proud of it!
11. We'll never let go of the war between the North and the South....Northern Virginia versus Southern Virginia, that is.
Virginia's different regions are just about as diverse as the landscape.
12. We've got a thing for pineapples.
It's not certain how the pineapple became associated with colonial Virginia, but it's a definite motif and we haven't abandoned it.
13. We're pretty pretentious about our seafood.
Anyone who considers him or herself a true Virginia has been picking crabs for as long as they can remember. And don't mind teaching you a thing or two about how incredible seafood from Virginia is.
14. We are Virginians above any other identity.
Sure, we happen to live in the U.S., but our identity as Virginians comes first and foremost. In case you couldn't quite tell...we really love our state!
Do you agree with any of the above stereotypes? Would you add any to the list? Be sure to share your thoughts with us!