Virginia February 21, 2017
11 Things No Self-Respecting Virginian Would Ever Do
Despite our nature as friendly and easy-goin’ folk, there are some traditions that we as Virginians can’t let slip. To the outsider’s perspective, these standards may seem a bit outdated or even silly, but they are nevertheless defining characteristics of the Old Dominion. See if you can relate to any of the following:
1. Order crab cakes out of state.
It just doesn't get any better than seafood from the Eastern Shore, especially fresh crab meat.
2. Stay inside during the summer.
You might encounter a little (ok...a lot) of humidity, but that won't keep you from all the amazing summertime activities.
3. Take the natural beauty for granted.
It's everywhere! From the river to the beach and mountains, Virginia's natural landscape is unparalleled in scenic beauty.
4. Not take full advantage of the weekend.
From craft breweries, live music, beautiful vineyards, delicious restaurants, and nightlife, the weekend is always full of incredible potential.
5. Pass up a trip to the beach.
Any time of year, coastal Virginia is beautiful and never too far away.
6. Worry about a weather forecast.
If you’ve spent any time in Virginia, you’re well aware that weather forecasts aren’t exactly the most accurate and can quickly pass. Embrace the mystery!
7. Take for granted the chance to enjoy all four seasons.
The fact that not every state enjoys a fall season is downright tragic.
8. Pretend like there’s any better spot to gaze at a marvelous sunset.
You won't have much luck finding a more beautiful scene than this.
9. Worry about taking the backroads.
Virginians aren't phased by windy backroads. Often times they're the most scenic route.
10. Turn down a meal like this.
Southern cooking, whether its homemade or from a Mom & Pop store, is bound to be fantastic here in Virginia.
11. Call any other place in the world home.
Virginians may love to travel, but they wouldn’t dare deny the fact that Virginia is their one and only true home.
What would you add to this list? We’d love to hear from you!