Virginia March 25, 2016
11 Ways To Have The Most Virginia Day Ever
A day in the life of a Virginian…where to begin? Let’s start off by saying this (probably) won’t be your typical day. We’ve crammed it full of the things we love most about our state, and it’ll take you all over the place. So set your alarm early, get a good night’s rest, and prepare for a day chock full of Virginia. Are you up for the challenge?
1. Start your day with a breathtaking Virginia sunrise.
2. Fuel up with a delicious breakfast.
What could be better than Smithfield ham and over-easy eggs?
3. Go see a historical location...
Touring the home of our nation's first president will make your day extra-Virginian. Photographed: Mount Vernon.
Photographed: Jamestown Church in the Colonial National Historical Park.
What else could you expect from a perfect Virginia day? Photographed: Yorktown Battlefield.
4. Snack on some delicious Hubs salted peanuts.
Whew! All that sight-seeing can work up quite an appetite.
5. Kick back and relax at a beautiful state park.
Living like a Virginian means truly enjoying the great outdoors. What better a way to do so than in one of the gorgeous state parks? Photographed: Foster Falls.
6. It's lunch time! Grab something tasty from a local diner or restaurant.
May we suggest an authentic crab cake sandwich?
7. Go for a drive just for the sake of driving.
Whether it's Skyline Drive, the Blueridge Parkway, Colonial Drive, or the Crooked Road, you'll appreciate taking the scenic route.
8. Take a picture by one of the "Love" signs.
Show some state lovin'.
9. Spend the late afternoon at a museum.
Arts, culture, history, and more. You could spend hours and hours absorbing the wonderful exhibits in nearby museums. Photographed: Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
10. Ring in happy hour with some local music.
The beer and live music are equally impressive in Virginia's breweries. Photographed: Hardywood Brewery.
11. Sit down to a delicious dinner and don't forget to top off your day with something sweet.
You've earned it. Cheers to another wonderful day in Virginia tomorrow!
When it comes down to it, Virginians just enjoy having a great time. Whether it’s food, nature, history, music, or culture, a perfect Virginia day will celebrate what we love most about living here. What would you add to this list?