Virginia March 02, 2017
12 Things Virginians Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Here in Virginia, we’ve developed certain behaviors that may seem flat out bizarre to folks from other states. What passes as tradition from our point of view might be strange enough to strike up a conversation with an onlooker. Nevertheless, we don’t plan on changing our habits anytime soon. See if you can relate to any of these 12 things that Virginians do that seem insane to everyone else:
1. We wave to folks as we're driving by, whether we know them or not.
This is especially true in small towns. It's just the Virginian way!
2. We could spend hours, even entire days, browsing antique malls.
Virginia has some of the best antique-ing in the country, and it's an endlessly entertaining activity.
3. We serve ham with our brunch.
While this is a personal preference, most Virginians can enjoy a delicious slice of ham along with breakfast.
4. We have an undying love for Arby's (or whatever the local chain happens to be).
Because the Virginia version is always the best!
5. We're always on the lookout for these beautiful, yet unpredictable creatures.
Deer are beautiful creatures, yet they can also dart across the road at any moment.
6. We'll take the backroads on purpose.
Is anything more beautiful than a scenic drive through rural Virginia?
7. We save our old newspapers...
8...for crab pickin' season!
The messier, the better. And don't forget the Old Bay.
9. We cherish our out-of-the-ordinary roadside attractions.
What would road trips be without bizarre attractions, anyway?
10. We share a little bit of our personalities on our license plates.
Virginia has the highest volume of vanity plates in America, and we're proud of it.
11. We flock to the grocery store the moment there's a foreboding weather forecast.
We're on a mission for all the bread, milk, eggs, and water in sight.
12. We're always ready to talk about Virginia's history.
Who can blame us? We're proud to be from this wonderful, historic state.
What did you think of this list? Is there anything you would add to it? We’d love to hear from you! For more Virginia-related content, be sure to read about the
15 Things Virginians Do Better Than Anyone Else.