You Won’t Want To Miss These Incredible Fireworks Shows In Virginia This Year
Independence Day is just around the corner, and as Virginians, we have a knack for partying like it’s 1776.
As the iconic Fourth of July holiday quickly approaches, you may be asking yourself “where are the best fireworks near me?” While these incredible firework spectacles aren’t difficult to come by — and you may recall our coverage in 2015 and 2016 — it never hurts to be prepared. So without further ado, here are some of the most spectacular fireworks shows you can see in Virginia this Fourth of July. So start planning now and enjoy the show!
These five events are just a few of the many firework festivities celebrating 4th of July in Virginia. Check the following list — organized by county — and find an event happening near you! Note: Not all festivities are happening on Tuesday, July 4th. Be sure to note carefully the date of each event to ensure you are properly prepared.
Accomack County Fireworks:
- Annual Old Fashioned Fireworks Display (Chincoteague): The Chincoteague Volunteer Fireman’s Carnival will feature fireworks at the fairgrounds on the night of July 1st at 10:00 PM. 3648 Main Street, Chincoteague Island, VA 23336.
Alleghany County Fireworks:
- Annual Stars and Stripes Celebration (Clifton Forge): The C&O Railway Heritage Center will host this day-long celebration ending with an awesome fireworks show at dusk on July 4th. 547 Main Street, Clifton Forge, VA 24422.
Charlotte County Fireworks:
- Independence Day Celebration at Patrick Henry’s Red Hill (Brookneal): Arts & crafts vendors, re-enactments, food and drink, and more will be available on July 4th from 3:00 – 9:30 PM. $10 admission per vehicle, $3 with each additional car. 1250 Red Hill Road, Brookneal, VA 24528.
Chesterfield County Fireworks:
- Chesterfield County July 4th Celebration (Chesterfield): Chesterfield County Fairgrounds will host this year’s event, complete with food vendors and special entertainment. Fireworks will happen at dark on the night of July 4th. Free admission. 10300 Courthouse Road, Chesterfield VA 23832.
Culpeper County Fireworks:
- Culpeper’s 4th of July Celebration (Culpeper): The downtown historic district will light up from 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM on July 4th with festivities including a Freedom 5K race, parade, food and entertainment, and fireworks. 400 South Main Street, Culpeper VA 22701.
Fairfax County Fireworks:
- McLean July 4th Celebration (McLean): The celebration will take place on July 4th at Churchhill Road Elementary School. Grounds will open at 6:30 PM and the fireworks will commence at approximately 9:15. 7100 Churchill Road, McLean, VA 22101.
- Herndon’s 4th of July Celebration (Herndon): This free 4th of July Celebration will be at Bready Park from 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM. Visitors will enjoy fireworks synchronized to music at 9:30. 814 Ferndale Ave., Herndon, VA 20170.
Fauquier County Fireworks:
- Independence Celebration at Great Meadow (The Plains): For the admission price of $40 per vehicle, visitors can enjoy entertainment of all sorts, including rock climbing walls, a helicopter air show, children’s games, fireworks and more. Gates open at 4:00 PM on July 1st. 5089 Old Tavern Road, The Plains, VA 20198.
Franklin County Fireworks:
- 4th of July Independence Festival (Rocky Mount): On June 30th, head to Franklin County High School for a night of Independence Day celebration. The free event starts at 5:00 PM and includes live music and a huge fireworks display on the football field. 700 Tanyard Rd., Rocky Mount, VA 24151.
Frederick County Fireworks:
- Rockin’ Independence Eve (Winchester): On July 3rd from 5:00 PM – 11:00, you can celebrate Independence Eve in Old Town Winchester. The event promises a beer and wine garden, hamburger eating contest, live music, and of course, fireworks. 1 North Loudon St., Winchester, VA 22601.
Giles County Fireworks:
- 4th of July Celebration (Narrows): Narrows Town Park will be celebrating the 4th all day long, starting with a children’s parade at 11:30 AM and ending with an impressive fireworks show at 9:45 PM. Route 61, Park Drive, Narrows, VA 24124.
- July 4th Weekend Fun (Pembroke): On Saturday July 1st, head to the Mountain Lake Lodge for a BBQ picnic dinner, live music, fireworks and more. Food and drink available for purchase, but the rest of the event is free. 115 Hotel Circle, Pembroke, VA 24136.
Grayson County Fireworks:
- Fourth of July Celebration (Independence): Head to the patriotic town of Independence for a morning of celebration. Beginning at 9:00 AM on the 4th, you’ll experience enough live music, arts & crafts, food and fireworks to last all afternoon. 107 East Main St., Independence, VA 24348.
Hanover County Fireworks:
- Star Spangled Celebration at Kings Dominion (Doswell): From June 30th – July 4th, Kings Dominion will pay special tribute to all the men and women who have served our country. All active and retired military personnel will receive free admission to the park during these times. 16000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, VA 23047.
Harrisonburg City Fireworks:
- Valley Fourth & Friendly City Fortune (Harrisonburg): Downtown Harrisonburg will come alive for this year’s annual celebration. On the 4th, visitors can expect food, music, merriment, a raffle, and plenty of fireworks. 228 S. Liberty Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
Henrico County Fireworks:
- Red, White & Lights (Glen Allen): This special event will take place on July 4th at the Meadow Farm Museum at Crump Park. The free event begins at 4:30 PM and will feature live music, a laser light show, food trucks, snacks, and breathtaking fireworks. 3400 Mountain Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060.
Loudoun County Fireworks:
- Landsdowne Celebrates America (Leesburg): On July 2nd from 3:00 PM – 10:00, Landsdowne Resort & Spa will celebrate the holiday with music, food, and incredible fireworks. Admission is $5 per person with additional costs for food and beverages. 44050 Woodridge Parkway, Leesburg, VA 20176.
- Independence Day Celebration (Leesburg): On July 4th, Ida Lee Park will celebrate with a historic parade and festive fireworks. 60 Ida Lee Drive, N.W., Leesburg, VA 20176.
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Salamander Resort & Spa (Middleburg): On July 4th from 4:00 PM – 10:00, the Salamander Resort will host a BBQ buffet and a fireworks viewing from the terrace. Contact the resort for further details. 500 North Pendleton St., Middleburg, VA 20117.
- Annual 4th of July Parade (Purcellville): The town of Purcellville will host an annual 4th of July parade, followed by a fireworks display in Franklin Park. 36441 Blueridge View Ln., Purcellville, VA 20132.
Madison County Fireworks:
- 4th of July Fireworks (Syria): Head to Graves Mountain Lodge for a BBQ picnic, ice cream, cake, pony rides, face painting, fireworks and more. The event will take place from 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Free admission. 205 Graves Mountain Lane, Syria, VA 22743.
Mecklenburg County Fireworks:
- Picnic in the Park (South Hill): Parker Park will be the site of food, festivities, fireworks and more on July 3rd from 6:00 PM – 10:00. End of Halifax St., South Hill, VA 23970.
Middlesex County Fireworks:
- Independence Day Celebration (Urbanna): The town of Urbanna is hosting its annual 4th of July Celebration on the 2nd this year, from 7:00 PM – 10:00. In addition to fireworks, there will be a boat parade, music, games, and more. 210 Oyster Road, Urbanna, VA 23175.
Nelson County Fireworks:
- 4th of July Jubilee (Wintergreen): Wintergreen Resort will host a block party, live music, fireworks and more from June 30th – July 4th this year. The big fireworks display will happen on the 3rd. 11 Grassy Ridge Rd., Wintergreen, VA 22958.
Northampton County Fireworks:
- Old Fashioned 4th Of July Parade (Cape Charles): On July 4th, from 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Cape Charles will host its annual festive firetruck parade in honor of the holiday. At dusk, fireworks will be set off from the Cape Charles beach. Bay Avenue, Cape Charles, VA 23310.
Northumberland County Fireworks:
- Reedville Independence Day (Reedville): On July 2nd and 3rd, this Eastern Shore town will put on a parade, Firecracker 5k, fireworks, and more. 504 Main Street, Reedville, VA 22539.
Richmond City Fireworks:
- Dogwood Dell Fourth of July (Richmond): Head to Byrd Park on July 4th for a free celebration, including live music and fantastic fireworks. 1300 Blanton Ave., Richmond, VA 23221.
Roanoke County Fireworks:
- Vinton Fourth of July Celebration (Vinton): The Vinton Memorial Grounds will host festivities on July 4th of this year, with fireworks at approximately 9:30. 814 E. Washington Ave., Vinton, VA 24179.
Russell County Fireworks:
- Honaker Independence Celebration (Honaker): On July 1st, the town of Honaker will host an Independence Day Celebration with Gospel Music, singing, food, and fireworks. The event will take place from 3:00 PM – 11:00. 25 Swords Creek Road, Honaker, VA 24260.
Shenandoah County Fireworks:
- BryceFest (Basye): On July 1st, Bryce Resort will host a family-friendly festival from noon to 10:00 PM. You can expect activities for all ages, food, drinks, and plenty of fireworks at night. 1982 Fairway Drive, Basye VA 22810.
Tazewell County Fireworks:
- Freedom Festival (Richlands): On June 30th and July 1st, Richlands will host its 5th annual Freedom Festival. Festival attendees will learn about Appalachian heritage and enjoy live music and fireworks. Each day the event takes place from 6:00 PM – 11:00. 1851 Cranwell Dr., Tazewell, VA 24641.
Washington County Fireworks:
- Abingdon’s Independence Day (Abingdon): On July 1st, from 4:00 PM – 10:00, the Abingdon Market Pavilion will be alive with festivity. Visitors can expect a block party, music, live historians, and an incredible fireworks display. 100 Remsburg Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210.
Wythe County Fireworks:
- 4th of July Celebration (Wytheville): On July 4th, from 3:00 PM – 10:00, head to downtown Wytheville for all sorts of Independence Day festivities. Events include a hot-dog eating contest, car show, live music, and fireworks. 180 West Main St., Wytheville, VA 24382.
York County Fireworks:
- Yorktown Independence Day Celebration (Yorktown): From 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM on July 4th, the historic site of Yorktown will host races, a parade, a cookout, concert, and plenty of fireworks to last all night. The admission to the event is free. 331 Water Street, Yorktown, VA 23690.
We hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July this year! If you know of any fireworks festivities we may have missed, feel free to share details with us so we can update our list.