Vermont November 03, 2015
These 13 Beautiful Wineries In Vermont Are A Must-Visit For Everyone
Vermont is well known for our delicious craft beer and hard cider, but let’s not forget about the delicious wines! These 13 wineries will make you feel far away from everyday life so relax, sip and enjoy the gorgeous views!
1. Boyden Velley Winery & Spirits - 64 Vermont Rte 104, Cambridge, VT
Boyden Valley Winery is part of a fourth generation farm crafting with bold red wines, elegant whites, and “Vermont Ice”, the premier line of Vermont ice wines. Wined out? Try their creamy liqueurs or hard cider.
2. Charlotte Village Winery - 3968 Greenbush Road, Charlotte, VT
Dry, semi-dry or sweet, the Charlotte Village Winery has something for everyone. The tours are great, too!
3. Eden Ice Cider - 1023 Sanderson Hill Road, West Charleston, VT
Vermont is known for their apples, so these ciders are not to be missed!
4. Hillis Sugarbush Farm & Vineyard - 206 Sugarbush Farm Road, Colchester, VT
This vineyard is "where wine and maple come together". You have to love a winery that takes as much care in producing their wine as they do their syrup!
5. Huntington River Vineyard - 344 Moody Road, Huntington, VT
Former hay fields and pastures are now growing grapevines at the Huntington River Vineyard. Their nine different varieties are all considered to be ‘cold hardy’. ‘Cold hardy’ simply means that the grapes can withstand Vermont’s ridiculous winter months when temps dip well below zero. This is key to a Vermont vineyard!
6. Neshobe River Winery - 79 Stone Mill Dam Road, Brandon, VT
Fore! This small vineyard is located behind the 5th hole on the Neshobe Golf Course.
7. Shelburne Vineyard - 6308 Shelburne Rd (US Rt 7), Shelburne, VT
With a lush Vermont landscape as its backdrop, this state of the art winery and tasting room sits nestled among the vines. Just beautiful!
8. East Shore Vineyard - 69 East Shore North, Grand Isle, VT
East Shore Vineyard winery offers some of Vermont's finest wines at 160 retailers and resturants across Vermont.
9. Fresh Tracks Farm & Winery - 4373 Vermont Route 12, Berlin, VT
Like the grapevines in their backyard, Fresh Tracks Farm has evolved and matured in many ways over the years. Go check it out!
10. Honora Winery - 201 VT Route 112, West Halifax, VT
Gazebos, trellises, stone patios, and vineyards dot the landscape – perfect settings for ceremonies and photographs.
11. Putney Mountain Winery - 8 Bellows Falls Rd, Rte 5 at Basketville, Putney, VT
Putney Mountain Winery has been described in the press as “extraordinary,” “love at first taste,” and even “an intensely remarkable treasure.”
12. Snow Farm Winery - 190 West Shore Road, South Hero, VT
Snow Farm Winery and Vineyard began as a dream in 1992 – to preserve Vermont’s agricultural land in the face of rapid development by providing an alternative for farmers.
13. Lincoln Peak Winery - 142 River Road, New Haven, VT
Come taste the wines, enjoy a glass paired with local cheese on the porch, and walk around the vineyard at Lincoln Peak Winery.
Have you been to any of these wineries? Share your experiences in the comments! What other wineries or vineyards would you add to this list?