Vermont October 18, 2017
14 Ways Vermont Has Quietly Become The Coolest State In America
Vermonters aren’t known to brag, in fact we’re pretty modest when it comes to telling the world about how awesome we are. Maybe because we like our sparsely populated state the way it is, but the truth is undeniable: VT is the coolest state in America. Let’s take a look at a few reasons why Vermont is simply incredible.
1. We're the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
Our friendliness can cause some raised eyebrows when we travel out of state, but it serves us well when we're home.
2. We Green Up Vermont.
Vermonters of all ages come together on Green Up Day and beautify our already gorgeous state.
3. We have the best fairs and festivals in the world.
Where else can you find a parade centered around strolling cows down the street?
4. Montpelier is the only state capital without a McDonalds.
We don't expect that to change anytime soon either!
5. If you don't live in Vermont, then our foliage is better than yours.
It doesn't matter where you live, ours will always be better.
6. You can get Mac & Cheese anywhere you go.
From take out to upscale, you can always find a good helping of delicious Mac & Cheese.
7. We have over 100 covered bridges.
These bridges aren't just cool to look at, most of them are still in use!
8. There's gorgeous scenery everywhere...
And you won't find any billboards that block it either.
9. It's the birthplace of snowboarding.
Where would be be without Burton?
10. Vermont is full of cool and quirky places.
A museum that's housed in 37 buildings? You betcha!
11. We make the best craft beer in the world.
Not to brag, but we make the best cider, too. Just saying...
12. Our hiking trails are amazing.
Nothing beats the Long Trail! Just look at this view from Mt. Abraham - wow!
13. We have loads of natural playgrounds.
The best part - they're free!
14. Vermont is full of Vermonters...
And our people are the heart and soul of the Green Mountain State.