Vermont October 23, 2017
14 Unwritten Rules Every Vermonter Lives By ‘Til Death
Vermonters are pretty set in their ways. After all, why shouldn’t we be? Life is really, really good here! If you’ve lived here for any length of time, you’ll probably be able to relate to these unwritten rules in VT. Let’s have a little fun, shall we?
1. Give directions based on landmarks.
"Drive past the abandoned barn on your left and take the next covered bridge on your right."
2. Always watch for potholes.
They sneak up on you so we're constantly on the lookout.
3. Always dress in layers.
Temperatures can change in an instant so be prepared.
4. Shop and eat local.
It's simply the best way for everyone.
5. Always try to fix something yourself.
Why call the professionals when you can fix it with duct tape?
6. On that note, if you can't fix it with duct tape...
It probably isn't worth fixing.
7. Recycle everything.
We all do our part.
8. It's real maple syrup or no syrup at all.
There is NO in between.
9. Summer doesn't begin until you've had a proper creemee.
Preferably a maple creemee.
10. Never leave home without an ice scraper.
Better yet, be proactive with a shovel, chains and some kitty litter for traction.
11. Appreciate every sunny day.
You never know when the next one will happen!
12. Don't take nature for granted.
Find a wide open space, kick back and take it all in.
13. Invest in good boots.
After Vermont winters and subsequent mud seasons, you'll know why.
14. Never invest in all season tires.
In Vermont, they're pretty much pointless.
If you can relate to these unwritten rules in VT, you’ll surely relate to these
21 things everyone who’s moved away from Vermont has thought at least once.