16 Things That Make People From Small Town Vermont The Best People
Small towns in Vermont may not have the flashy attractions and nightlife you find in big cities, but that’s part of what makes them so special. And the best part about these towns? Why it’s the people of course! Let’s take a look at what makes people from small town Vermont the best kind of people you’ll ever meet.
1. They say hello to everyone.
People say hello and wave from their cars. They're friendly like that.
2. They know how to make their own fun.
They don’t have the big venues, the huge movie theaters and the giant shopping centers. What they do have are fields, community get-togethers, and a whole lot of creativity. Sometimes the ideas aren't the safest choices...
3. People in a small town know all the best swimming holes.
And they may or may not tell outsiders. Sometimes secrets are good.
4. They value every four legged friend.
The whole town will be on the lookout for each and every missing dog.
5. They value community.
Pictured are lanterns from an end of summer community gathering in Putney where people bring freshly harvested food to share and catch up with friends and neighbors. Simply awesome.
6. There aren't as many kids...
So the ones they grew up with are friends for life.
7. They love a sky filled with stars...
8. Especially around a campfire.
9. They understand that a good pig roast can bring the neighborhood together.
Gatherings like pig roasts, chicken pie suppers and pancake breakfasts can bring the whole town together.
10. People in small towns watch out for each other.
Home alarm systems could be less effective than your neighbors.
11. They're honest.
After all, blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family.
12. They know you don’t need gourmet restaurants to have fine dining.
After all, the guests are as cool as the meal!
13. They know how to appreciate the finer things in life.
They don’t have to walk through the Louvre to see the world’s greatest works of art...
Because all they need is the great outdoors.
14. They have country roads...
15. And covered bridges...
16. To take them home.
And what a beautiful ride it is!
Like this if you agree that living in Vermont is the best!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.